Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whisper it quietly… are we a cup team?

Feels weird to still be in three cups in November.

Our cup record this season:
Played 7
Won 4
Drawn 2 (both won on penalties)
Lost 1

With upcoming fixtures against Stockport and two unnamed opponents.

The fixtures are going to be piling up sooner rather than later (minimum 56 games in all competitions already) but it feels good to have a manager taking these competitions seriously.

Comments

• edited November 2022
    Now you've done it!! - When Stockport spank us 5-0 in a couple of weeks, remember who created this thread people
  • I'm not sure what we want, to be honest. A big home game or an easy home game to get us a step nearer Wembley. The worst thing is to get an easy-looking with a small crowd and then lose. At a guess, you need to make the semis to get a half-decent crowd. I guess any of the big six at home in the FA Cup or League Cup would draw a decent crowd even if it would spell the end of the road. Gillingham away awaits, I fear.
  • Not quite yet, 75% of the teams we are eligible to play are below us, let’s see how we get on with a team not in league one or two 
  • As one of the great minds of our time, Jermaine Beckford, said before the FA Cup 2nd round draw.

The luck of the draw is with the winners’
  • edited November 2022
    No.

Someone who eventually gets their end away after a monastry-level drought does not automatically get the nickname “Shagger”
    Bollocks.

That was going to be my next question (for a friend) but you already answered it.
  • Not quite yet, 75% of the teams we are eligible to play are below us, let’s see how we get on with a team not in league one or two 
    QPR?
  • Someone's going to win each of those three cups this season, why not us?
    QPR?
    Good shout, forgot them
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmmm, well we are now better in the cups than we are in the league, by virtue of the fact that we're dreadful in the league. Is that sufficient for us to be classed as a cup team? I'll take it.

Wember-lee, Wember-lee..   
  • edited November 2022
    whisper it quietly.....but couldn't we still be out of all 3 by Christmas??

#concentratingontheleague
  • edited November 2022
    Just in case anyone is banking on a big pay day from the prize money to add to the January war-chest (not that it would be put to that anyway with TS in charge) the prize money for the league cup is appalling (10K I think if you go out in the 4th rd) - certainly compared to if we were lining up in the FA cup 4th round where you get paid for every progression.  So financially you would be better off getting the weaker teams in an FA cup run as opposed to the league cup.

TBH the only hope I have is a top 6 prem team away that can always sell out and might have a shot at being picked for TV and maybe just MAYBE it might earn enough that TS wouldn't feel the need to flog the family silver in Jan to make ends meet... 
  • 6530 Brighton fans at Arsenal tonight.

Wonder what allocation we will get at Lincoln in the next round.
  • edited November 2022
    Yes.

(You spelled "crap" wrong btw).

• No.

Someone who eventually gets their end away after a monastry-level drought does not automatically get the nickname “Shagger”
    That is a very good point shagger.
  • No.

But what if they had 3 on the go at the same time and had been juggling them all for a few months..........
    Especially if they were rotten ugly and an easy lay 
  • No.

But what if they had 3 on the go at the same time and had been juggling them all for a few months..........
    End up with nothing