Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What happens if Stockley gets injured now ?

Comments

• Options
    Will ruin his chances of getting in the England squad
  • Options
    Answer:
    Chucks starts and we don’t have to go through the agony of going 1 down, and chasing the game for an equaliser amongst all the oppo time wasting. 
  • Options
    Stockley getting injured ain't the problem. Another game goes by with Stockley not troubling the scorers. 

Stockley loves scoring in the FA Cup against the minnows......scoring against his peers in League 1 is another matter. 
  • Options
    Payne and Kirk probably, with Kanu on the bench.alburyaddick said:
    Isn't this the biggest threat to our season. Leaburn is out until c Xmas and he is only 19 years old. Chuks is brilliant but can only come on for 20 min or so. 
    Who would play up front ? 
    Kirk, Payne, Kanu. I can't believe even just one of them can't improve on that panto horse of a striker's return of one goal every 960 minutes. I'd play them even if we had a fully fit Stockley on anabolics. 
  • Options
    Wouldnt miss him in attack but would miss him defensively. Maybe that's his future, centre back. 
  • Options
    We would miss him in attack. Not for his goals but no one else who can start games will keep centre backs occupied and be able to compete physically to hold the ball up.

Start Chuks for one match and we’ll lose him until Easter.

This is why we always needed an extra striker in the summer. 
  • Options
    'occupied' 

'compete' 
  • Options
    In answer to the original question, I'd say we start with ten players and a lamppost and no one will notice the difference.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Worst average rating for a first-team player over the course of a season surely?

Generally don't think I've seen a performance in months that would be above a 5 from him.
  • Options
    We just start with ten men like every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely Kanu or Casey would be better bets. I know they are young and not likely to be ready but Stockley has what, 2 goals this season? Wasn't one a penalty too?
  • Options
    Surely Kanu or Casey would be better bets. I know they are young and not likely to be ready but Stockley has what, 2 goals this season? Wasn't one a penalty too?
    To be fair... Kanu has really struggled in the EFL Trophy this season, so not surprised he hasnt been involved more.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Come back Church, Mooney, Abbott & Co... All is forgiven...
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Come back Church, Mooney, Abbott & Co... All is forgiven...
    Speak for yourself... they can all piss off
  • Options
    We would be better off doing a Spain and playing 4-6-0
  • Options
    Sutton Utd next season if he’s lucky 
  • Options
    Is his contract up at the end of the season?
    I bloody hope so.
  • Options
    I bloody hope so.
    No :-(

• Options
    cabbles said:
    I bloody hope so.
    No :-(

Shit!!
  • Options
    Charlton fan in peace.
     I said he was hopeless months ago and got pelters, was genuinely confused how some couldn’t see it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In response to the thread title - have a party?
  • Options
    i think the back injury from last season hasn't fully healed, and the fact we have no fit striker is the reason he is still playing.

• Options
    i think the back injury from last season hasn't fully healed, and the fact we have no fit striker is the reason he is still playing.

Think this could be it. He looks even more immobile that he usually is 
  • Options
    Regardless of whether Stockley is or is not available. Congratulations on whoever made the decision to get shot of Washington.
    Probably one of THE worst footballing decisions this club has ever made.
  • Options
    Most of us agreed that he would struggle with Garner's 433 formation as he lacks the skill, movement and vision and can't hold the ball up. But even when we've switched to a 442 with wingers which should suit he's still been shit as his movement is so poor.

Problem is that any player should be dropped when out of form as he clearly is but we have no other options. The current squad feels like one of those Bowyer squads under Duchatelet when we are overloaded with midfielders and have zero cover in attack and defence.
  • Options
    I know I am very much in the minority but I don’t think Rak Saki, CBT, Kirk or anyone else could do the job and I think it would be disastrous for us. When he and Washington were out last year it was hopeless. The opposition realise that there is no physical threat and they move 10 yds further up the pitch. It happened against Oxford ( 0-4) last season to name just one example. 
    Albury, spot on but one other point I'd like to make is that when either of them were injured and they played on their own they were not only poor, but both were as ineffectual as Stockley is now and we have one person to blame for breaking up a partnership that was a threat, Mr Sandgaard.  
  • Options
    We will find out as he has been suspended for 3 matches.
  • Options
    The TS and MS masterplan of a team without forwards is now bearing fruit.
  • Options
    Well to my mind this is now the nightmare scenario and my prediction is 3 straight defeats 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    injury ?, ban ? .. we are due to find out very soon