Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Suspensions

Can someone confirm how long Innis suspension is and which games. I've heard various different versions so far. Confused by the various cup games.
Similarly for Clare. I believe he has a one match ban now for bookings. But is it next game or next league game? 

Comments

• Options
    If it's picked up in the league, I thought it only affects league games? 

Makes the next league game interesting, if Egbo is out, Clare and Inniss suspended and O'Connell injured too, that leaves a back 4 of Sessegnon, Thomas, Lavelle and ???
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Makes the next league game interesting, if Egbo is out, Clare and Inniss suspended and O'Connell injured too, that leaves a back 4 of Sessegnon, Thomas, Lavelle and ???
    Chin?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    sam3110 said:

Chin?
    It will have to be I guess, with Bakrin or someone on the bench, especially as Ness has just gone out on loan, as has Barker, and Elewere is still out on loan too. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Looks like Clare will miss the next league game. 

Accumulating five, ten, fifteen or twenty Yellow Cards in league matches can result in an automatic ban in your relevant league. Accumulated Yellow Cards in cup competitions are treated separately and can result in an automatic ban from the cup competition in which the Yellow Cards were received

As for Innis

Suspensions following a Red Card are applied across both league and cup competitions– however if the sending-off offence occurs in an EFL Trophy Match, the relevant automatic suspension must be served exclusively in the EFL Trophy, unless specified by The FA. Players who are dismissed for a second time in a season will receive an additional match suspension. Players who are dismissed for a third time will receive two additional matches and so forth.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    This is the most up-to-date info I could find: https://scefl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/essential-information-for-players-2020-21-english.pdf

Yellow cards are not cross-competition whereas red cards are (EFL Trophy excluded).

Inniss will be suspended for Coalville in addition to having missed Ipswich. He would usually get a one match suspension for two yellow cards and be available for Coalville however because it's his second sending off this season, he gets an additional match added (another card would be three matches for a double yellow or five matches for serious foul play). That additional match will be in the FA Cup next weekend and not EFL Trophy in midweek as the latter is bucketed separately from the other competitions. In practice, that means Inniss could feature in the EFL Trophy against Brighton but I doubt he will.

Clare will be suspended for Burton (but available for Brighton, Coalville and Stevenage) as yellow card accumulation suspensions are kept within the same competition.

• Options
    If the rules are that you have to play a certain number of players in the pizza cup that started the last league game, it's only fair that suspensions are also carried over to cup games
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Sidenote: Clare, Kirk and JFC are all sitting on one yellow card in the EFL Cup. In that case, if any of them were to pick up another yellow against Stevenage, they'd be suspended for the next round (if we get there).