Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London in Fancy Dress

Got on to the platform at Redhill Station yesterday and there were 3 or 4 groups of people dressed up in fancy dress, not necessarily Halloween garb either.

Get into London Bridge, train empties and there's even more getting off our train. Get down into the main station at London Bridge and there's even more.

Train out to Woolwich Arsenal, Get off, and there's even people there dressed up. Final straw comes when I'm standing outside The Elephant & Castle and a blokewith a 4 foot plastic sword and his suzzed up Mrs in tow, walking through Baresford Square. 

Pretty sure I see even more on my journey home, but not sure what was what by that point...

Anyone shed any light, or us this just London in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    Stag dos, Hen dos, Halloween parties etc, pretty normal for London on a Saturday.
  • Options
    Honestly Neil, there was hundreds of em in the main station at London Bridge
  • Options
    Loads around Westminster Abbey area yesterday about 11 am in Alice in wonderland costumes. No idea what it was all about.
  • Options
    Stag dos, Hen dos, Halloween parties etc, pretty normal for London on a Saturday.
    What? Were people dressed like Richi Sunak?
  • Options
    Comic Con was on at Excel I think.
    Massively popular now.
  • Options
    Loads around Westminster Abbey area yesterday about 11 am in Alice in wonderland costumes. No idea what it was all about.
    That may well have been one of these:

https://www.cluedupp.com/collections/alice-in-wonderland
  • Options
    I've never understood why people dress up like that, but each to their own.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Massively popular now.
    Mystery solved I reckon, just Googled it. 

Well done John
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Off_it said:
    Some of it was a bit borderline going by what some of the women had on, and considering its all comic related
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Massively popular now.
    Mystery solved I reckon, just Googled it. 

Well done John
    He was there himself ....

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Got on to the platform at Redhill Station yesterday and there were 3 or 4 groups of people dressed up in fancy dress, not necessarily Halloween garb either.

Get into London Bridge, train empties and there's even more getting off our train. Get down into the main station at London Bridge and there's even more.

Train out to Woolwich Arsenal, Get off, and there's even people there dressed up. Final straw comes when I'm standing outside The Elephant & Castle and a blokewith a 4 foot plastic sword and his suzzed up Mrs in tow, walking through Baresford Square. 

Pretty sure I see even more on my journey home, but not sure what was what by that point...

Anyone shed any light, or us this just London in 2022?
    Wondered the same myself, coming back from Bushy Park lots of people (of all ages) In halloween/horror outfits as well as some kind of fancy dress that I couldn't work out on the train & at Waterloo main line. Was also surprised at the amount of females who seemed to have shopped for the smallest garment possible to cover (or not) their bits, is this a Halloween thing or just a normal Saturday night ? I think I need to get out more  :D 
  • Options
    There was some sort of walk I presume for charity yesterday. It was called the Hallowen walk and terminated at the Oval Kennington. Went past them on the way to the Beehive last night.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Off_it said:
    Some of it was a bit borderline going by what some of the women had on, and considering its all comic related
    Over here the in ‘cosplay’ thing is ultra slutty schoolgirl outfits, it’s really creepy if I’m honest. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Off_it said:
    Over here the in ‘cosplay’ thing is ultra slutty schoolgirl outfits, it’s really creepy if I’m honest. 
    Tbh, now I know what it was, some of the costumes looked like characters who'd be in some of those East Asian fantasy type cartoons (not the naughty ones). Pretty sure they're aimed at adults, but comics are usually associated with all ages, including and possible mainly, young people, so I personally still find it a bit strange.

Also just remembered on the platform at LB, a woman done up like, and acting like, a proper (as opposed to cartoon) geisha girl. Her old man was standing next to her in everyday clobber (unless he went as Bill or Ted)