Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Saturday 29th October 2022

edited October 2022 in General Charlton

Charlton: Wollacott; Clare, Thomas, O'Connell, Sessegnon; Egbo, Dobson, Fraser, Kirk; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c)

Subs: MacGillivray, Lavelle, McGrandles, Morgan, Payne, Blackett-Taylor, Aneke

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022

Two 3-4-3s I believe. I think Garner has long wanted to play 3-4-3 but just hasn't had the right players fit and firing at the right time. I'm really hoping we're able to overload them on the flanks and drag them out of position. Stockley up front on his own is always worrying, but hopefully as Kirk and JRS adapt to how Garner wants to play, they'll be more used to linking up and running I'm behind than they were a few weeks ago.

Also, I've always quite liked Thomas. He's probably better in the ball and more mobile than Inniss, and I'm hoping that will make him well suited to our system. 
  • Options
    any pre match entertainment going on at The Valley today.seeing its international weekend Thomas
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Scott Fraser starts against his former club alongside George Dobson in midfield, with Charlie Kirk likely to operate from the wing not operated by Clare or Egbo.Jes Rak-Sakyi may partner Jayden Stockley up front.

Could mean the Addicks line-up in a 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. there is also a return to the bench for Corey Blackett-Taylor after missing two games through injury. he is joined by Craig MacGillivray, Sam Lavelle, Conor McGrandles, Albie Morgan, Jack Payne and Chuks Aneke.

Charlton: Wollacott; Clare, Thomas, O'Connell, Sessegnon; Egbo, Dobson, Fraser, Kirk; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c)

Subs (not used): MacGillivray, Lavelle, McGrandles, Morgan, Payne, Blackett-Taylor, Aneke

• Options
    Ground is starting to fill up and so is the pitch, players are out:

• Options
    I’m worried that not even Garner knows what formation we play today. 
    Maybe in the future we field 11 utility platers and rotate positions every 8 minutes through the game, if we ever won a corner it’d be great…
  • Options
    Really hope it's not wingbacks. 
  • Options
    Looks like 5-3-2 with rak sak up top with stockley to me
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I’ve liked the look of Thomas so far, but there’s a question mark over his pace. We’ll have that answered this afternoon I guess. 
    Clare and Egbo can both play in midfield, but I have a horrible feeling we’re going three at the back.
    Aneke and CBT coming on in the 2nd half could be key, so long as we’re not a couple of goals down by then. 🙁
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Really hope it's not wingbacks. 
    Does it matter.

Just stick the ball in the ------- net.
  • Options
    Please not Clare at left back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’ve liked the look of Thomas so far, but there’s a question mark over his pace. We’ll have that answered this afternoon I guess. 
    Clare and Egbo can both play in midfield, but I have a horrible feeling we’re going three at the back.
    Aneke and CBT coming on in the 2nd half could be key, so long as we’re not a couple of goals down by then. 🙁

Same.  Could be a long and painful afternoon.

But at least Garner does change things though so will probably only have to suffer us trying to inadequately play 3/5 at the back for 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Good to see Sasa Ilic on CharltonTV again.

Sounds like Hermann is @ the Valley today, and will appear in an interview at some point - I guess at HT
  • Options
    If Clare is at LB again, I'm blaming the people in the lounges who voted him MOTM on Tuesday...
  • Options
    Just hope Ipswich didn't watch our game on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Egbo right midfield, Rak-Sakyi central, Clare right back.
  • Options
    I’m in Porto and want to buy the stream. Can’t find it on the list. Only Brighton U23s. Do I have to fully subscribe nowadays?
  • Options
    Out of intetest is this game one we're thevclub are doing cheap tickets. Just surprised at the number of strangers in the West upper.
  • Options
    Great interview with Sasa Ilic, cheek of the man.. ;) "rocking up" at the training ground and asking for a trial, and thank goodness he got it and a contract, and the rest as they say...onto the playoff final..
    What a colossus of a man he proved for us in goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sasa is brilliant
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Egbo right midfield, Rak-Sakyi central, Clare right back.
    That's certainly how they were warming up
  • Options
    https://www.charltonafc.com/
    Try this Pelling 1993
  • Options

Scott Fraser starts against his former club alongside George Dobson in midfield, with Charlie Kirk likely to operate from the wing not operated by Clare or Egbo.Jes Rak-Sakyi may partner Jayden Stockley up front.

Could mean the Addicks line-up in a 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. there is also a return to the bench for Corey Blackett-Taylor after missing two games through injury. he is joined by Craig MacGillivray, Sam Lavelle, Conor McGrandles, Albie Morgan, Jack Payne and Chuks Aneke.

Charlton: Wollacott; Clare, Thomas, O'Connell, Sessegnon; Egbo, Dobson, Fraser, Kirk; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c)

Subs (not used): MacGillivray, Lavelle, McGrandles, Morgan, Payne, Blackett-Taylor, Aneke

5-4-1 is probably what we will end up with.
  • Options
    sm said:

5-4-1 is probably what we will end up with.
    We haven't morphed into MkD have we...😫
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/
    Try this Pelling 1993
    Still no Ipswich buy option it’s really weird! Only Brighton U23s 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    First time I have heard TS song at the Valley. The gut-churning embarrassment.
  • Options
    Ipswich have a decent turnout. I suppose all those extra fingers take a fair bit of space taken as a whole.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Bloody Musak behind Payne's interview doing my head in.. :s
  • Options
    Ipswich have a decent turnout. I suppose all those extra fingers take a fair bit of space taken as a whole.
    South Folk freak show on tour.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!