Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Didn't know he was alive. He seemed old when I was a kid and that was donkey's years ago. RIP Jerry. 
  • RIP.
    Pioneer.
  • RIP. A rock pioneer, though his private life does make you want to sing The Addams Family song...
  • RIP to a real trail blazer, but an odd and troubled human.
  • Another great gone. RIP
  • I loved this guy,no one better to get a party rocking,RIP Jerry thanks for your massive contribution to the music world
  • Musical genius but questionable person 

anyway RIP 
  • RIP! He was the last man standing from the original 50's generation and created the blueprint for high energy rock'n'roll.
  • RIP, loved his music but off stage he was a troubled man and quite obnoxious. How  at the age of 22 can you marry  your cousin, aged 13!
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP, loved his music but off stage he was a troubled man and quite obnoxious. How  at the age of 22 can you marry  your cousin, aged 13!
    Before he was even divorced from first wife 
  • Great icon in rock n roll history and a uniquely talented musician RIP.
  • Goodness gracious … RIP Jerry Lee
  • RIP Killer. Loved his music. 
  • Proper Rocker and pioneer rabble rouser (though more of a Little Rihard connoisseur myself) ..  R I P
  • edited October 2022
    Saw him live in Vegas as a young teenager in mid 80’s, on the same bill as Fats Domino.

Didnt really appreciate it it then and was more interested in going to wet’n’wild (water theme park, not a Vegas club…)

RIP
  • He married his 13 year old cousin when he was 22. 
    I couldn’t give a toss if he could play the piano.
  • Amazing he got to 87 with the pills and booze he must have taken. RIP
  • edited October 2022
    Greenie said:
    He married his 13 year old cousin when he was 22. 
    Although that’s shocking to us now and even perhaps in the U.K. at the time but it was nothing untoward or illegal in Louisiana in 1922 when he was born and obviously still not 22 years later. Hard to judge without making allowances for when and where. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:
    He married his 13 year old cousin when he was 22. 
    Although that’s shocking to us now and even perhaps in the U.K. at the time but it was nothing untoward or illegal in Louisiana in 1922 when he was born and obviously still not 22 years later. Hard to judge without making allowances for when and where. 
    Not really hard to judge. Easy to make excuses for it though. She was a child and looked like a child. A grown man should have his own moral compass.
    After their divorce in 1970, She said she had been "subject to every type of physical and mental abuse imaginable,"
    The bloke was a wrong un.