Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retro video games thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Recently treated myself to an Nvidia Shield box, and have put various emulators on it relatively easily, all the way through to Dreamcast/ps1/GameCube and even some wii games. PSP is proving to be a surprising highlight. 

So many ps1 games I enjoyed at the time now seem like pixelated messes! Spent hours as a 10 years on WWF Smackdown and TOCA Touring Cars - the graphics can’t have been this bad. But I’m enjoying reminiscing, and trying out some of the old games I never got round to trying at the time. Incredible to think how a small box can have so many consoles in it compared to the cumulative size of the originals 
  • Options
    I play a lot of games to this day, probably my age (30s). Still have my sega megadrive and if mates are round - streets of rage, altered beast, golden axe. And many of the most difficult games are on it (that's important to me with how games are now). 

But my PS1 sits steady next to all my consoles. I play final fantasy games at least once a year like FF7. 
    Scary to think these are classed as retro games now. 
  • Options
    I occasionally dip in and out of Diablo 2/3 still. There's a decent sized community still playing both games. Diablo 4 lands in a couple of weeks though and having enjoyed playing the beta I expect a lot of my life will disappear playing that for the foreseeable.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drE8yR7iS4

just stumbled across this, got a massive shot of nostalgia 

If MJ had carried on doing Sonic games after 3 ;) lol
  • Options
    Pilotwings on the SNES was awesome. Had to fly planes and do skydives etc. Hours of fun.
  • Options
    If you download retroarch you can play these games again.