Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham (H) moved to Friday 2nd December, 7:45pm KO

edited October 2022 in General Charlton
Charlton the latest club to announce their fixture has moved to Friday night on this weekend.

Only half a dozen fixtures across League 1 and 2 remain in that 3pm window, majority have moved to Friday and a couple are scheduled for 12:30pm on Saturday.

A Saturday 3pm kick off on 3rd December would clash with the World Cup. Specifically the round of 16 match between the runner-up of England's group and the winner of Group A.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/date-moved-cheltenham-town-visit

Charlton’s home Sky Bet League One fixture against Cheltenham Town will now take place on Friday, December 2nd (7.45pm KO GMT).

Both clubs have agreed to bring the game forward a day to avoid a potential clash with an England round of 16 fixture at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Given that the Cheltenham game falls closest to the 30-year anniversary of the club's return to The Valley, it will serve as the club’s annual 'Back at The Valley' fixture.

All 2022/23 season-ticket holders are invited to bring a friend to the game for free, while special matchday pricing is in place for the fixture with all adult, over 65 and U21 tickets priced at £19.92 each - a nod to the club's 1992 return - anywhere inside The Valley.

Tickets already purchased for the fixture, originally scheduled for Saturday, December 3rd, are valid for the rearranged date. Any supporters who are no longer able to attend on the new date can contact the Ticket Office via email on tickets@cafc.co.uk or by calling 03330 14 44 44 for a refund.

The in-form Addicks host MK Dons at The Valley on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Bit of shame with it being the back for the valley anniversary but makes sense with the England game 
  • Options
    Tickets purchased for the original date will still be valid?? Why wouldn’t they be?
  • Options
    And another freebie sneaks in... 
  • Options
    Shame it's moved IMO.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Tickets purchased for the original date will still be valid?? Why wouldn’t they be?
    It's for the same people that warning labels like "contains dairy" on bottles of milk exist.

And for the confusion of Millwall Stu
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for the people that the move doesn't suit, but for me I am now bringing 5 instead of 2 purely based on the day change - got a feeling the saturday might be another train strike day based on previous months around that time - so if that is the reason for changing the day I respect the forward thinking.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cheers, one of my saturdays off now have to take a days holiday to go to the match as on late shift. But if Ebbsfleet are home on the saturday could make a nice weekend.

Edit Slough Town at home so some silver lining/
  • Options
    Would have brought a mate on the Saturday, now another game il be missing and a freebie that won't be used. Fuck this club 
  • Options
    Can’t they move the England game?
    Offer enough money to the right Qatari officials, they probably would 💴💶💷💰💵
  • Options
    Really frustrating as I am now going to miss this. Why couldn't it have been Saturday evening like everyone else. Wankers. 
    imagine being in a pub celebrating England just reaching the WC Semis and then leaving to go watch Charlton v Cheltenham......never gonna happen is it
    Well it's a last 16 match actually. I would watch it at home and then go to the Valley.

What do you think the fans of the clubs playing on the Saturday evening are going to do? 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Really frustrating as I am now going to miss this. Why couldn't it have been Saturday evening like everyone else. Wankers. 
    imagine being in a pub celebrating England just reaching the  lose to France in the WC Semis and then leaving to go watch Charlton v Cheltenham......never gonna happen is it
    edit - apparently the December 3rd game is a second round game so I guess lose to France in the second round is what I meant :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eight games have been moved so far:
    Friday night: 5
    Saturday lunch time: 2
    Sunday lunch time: 1

Saturday 3pms that haven’t moved yet:
    - Forest Green v Cambridge
    - Shrewsbury v Lincoln
    - Accrington v Oxford
    - Ipswich v Fleetwood

• Options
    Eight games have been moved so far:
    Friday night: 5
    Saturday lunch time: 2
    Sunday lunch time: 1

Saturday 3pms that haven’t moved yet:
    - Forest Green v Cambridge
    - Shrewsbury v Lincoln
    - Accrington v Oxford
    - Ipswich v Fleetwood

Teams that are either truly patriotic and don't think there is a chance England don't win the group - or massive pessamists who think we are gonna go out ;)
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Would have brought a mate on the Saturday, now another game il be missing and a freebie that won't be used. Fuck this club 
    Is that meant to be tongue in cheek?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I like my Friday nights out out - boooooo!
  • Options
    This means that there will, by the end of 2022, have been only 5 home Saturday league games in season 22/23. That's one a month. I've never known anything like it, including the prem years.

I hope this isn't used as a stick to beat the fans with for low attendances. Some just can't get to evening games..
  • Options
    Kips said:
    This means that there will, by the end of 2022, have been only 5 home Saturday league games in season 22/23. That's one a month. I've never known anything like it, including the prem years.

I hope this isn't used as a stick to beat the fans with for low attendances. Some just can't get to evening games..
    Blame Qatar - Twang!
  • Options
    Kips said:

This 
    Saturday games is what I attend 

The amount of evening games is a fucking joke 
  • Options
    Kips said:

This 
    Saturday games is what I attend 

The amount of evening games is a fucking joke 
    Nonsense. If we had more we’d be comfortably top 6 
  • Options
    Such fixture changes have to be done in advance, which is why the fixture list is screwed up in this way, but seriously if England don't win our group, it would be a massive failure.