Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Back to The Valley night hosted by CAST 21/10/2022

edited October 2022 in General Charlton
Not been much mention of this last few weeks.

Who is going off here? 

I fancy it but equally don’t fancy being a Billy…

Comments

• Options

The club are delighted to be hosting a number of events celebrating the 30-year anniversary of its return to The Valley throughout the coming months.

These events will begin on Friday, October 21st with a celebration organised by the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust (CAST). 

Please see below for the full details, provided to us by CAST.

In the 10th anniversary year of the founding of Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust we are very pleased to be able to host - in conjunction with Charlton Athletic Museum - an event to celebrate 30 years back at The Valley.

The event is one of a number which will be taking place over the next few months under the auspices of the BTTV30 committee.

On December 5th, 1992, after seven years in exile, our club played once again at the stadium that our ancestors had dug out of the chalk in 1919.

On October 21st, 2022 we are gathering at The Valley to celebrate the people who made the return possible.

Come and join us to salute the campaigners, journalists, candidates, directors and players who toiled and sweated to bring us that perfect day 30 years ago. 

Hear their story: the struggle; the conflict; the resolution; the risk and the reward. 

Hear from former club directors Roger Alwen and Martin Simons about the battles that were fought to achieve the glorious return. 

Hear from former Mercury Sports Editor Peter Cordwell and supporter Rick Everitt about the trials and tribulations of the campaign.

Hear from club legends Carl Leaburn and Bob Bolder about how it felt to play in that emotional first game against Portsmouth.

Shake their hands and thank them. Ask them the questions you've always wanted to ask. Share your own experience and memories. 

Maybe you were there on the ground digging weeds, painting the stand or in the thick of the Valley Party. Maybe you weren’t even born at the time. Either way you are very welcome to come and join us to celebrate this wonderful fan-led achievement.

It is what makes our club so special.

The evening will round off with a celebratory set from the legendary 2percent. If you love ska/bluebeat/two-tone (or even if you don’t) you will love the sound of the 2percent. 

Join us from 7pm - with the Q&A starting at 7.30pm - on Friday, October 21st in the Fans’ Bar at The Valley.

Tickets are £10 from the Ticket Office. Click here to purchase yours.

Valley Party candidates can gain FREE admission by emailing secretary@castrust.org.

Special offer for CAST members: buy your tickets through CAST and avoid the £1.50 admin fee. Email secretary@castrust.org for details of how to pay.

• Options
    Unfortunate timing, as I'll be up in Shrewsbury for the weekend
  • Options
    The Fanackapans will be there.
  • Options
    I really wanted to come (it may have even been my idea) but sods law can't make it due to having mother-in-law staying until Sunday. 
  • Options
    I really wanted to come (it may have even been my idea) but sods law can't make it due to having mother-in-law staying until Sunday. 
    Is that not a good reason to come along?

I'll be there, and so will Ms AA but only for the band at the end.
  • Options
    I have landed in the madhouse and will be there.

@Algarveaddick thats a real shame you cant make it
  • Options
    I paid the trust directly.
    Is it a name on the door thingy?
  • Options
    Me too  - happy  for anyone to join my table!  
  • Options
    Hope all going have a great night (sure you will). If didn’t have to leave at 3am for Stansted the following morning I’d be there too. 
  • Options
    I’m already at an event. An evening with Jan Molby!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there and so will my mates the 2percent 
  • Options
    Surprised by this, thought there would be more going 
  • Options
    Me +2/3 are going.  
    I think I read somewhere big Carlo can no longer attend but not sure.
  • Options
    Surprised by this, thought there would be more going 
    150+ tickets sold. Will be plenty of us there and a great evening in prospect. Get yourself along. 
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn unable to attend so Simon Webster is coming off the bench - skipper on the day of the return. 

@seth plum your ticket will be on the door. It’s 7pm start, with the Q&A due to begin promptly at 7.30.

Bring some cash as there’s a raffle on the night for some super Charlton-related prizes.

Not only music from the 2Percent but there will also be cake.
  • Options
    See the original tonight

We'll be bringing this and some other items from the Exodus years down from the museum to the fans bar along with some copies of The Valiant 1000, the Addicks Cartoons, My Only Desire magazine and badges and some signed photos.
  • Options
    Will try and go if I can get out of work at a relatively normal time 
  • Options
    I will be bringing copies of VOTV176, Battle for The Valley and some Voice of The Valley T-shirts.
  • Options
    I'm going. Should be a good night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is my 12 hour days weekend so couldn't go even though i was offered tickets to go.

Would have been nice to catch up with some of my adversaries here.
  • Options
    This is my 12 hour days weekend so couldn't go even though i was offered tickets to go.

Would have been nice to catch up with some of my adversaries here.
    and mates
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I will spend a lot of the evening trying to avoid my adversaries because I can’t trust myself.
    you better not ignore  me :)  
  • Options
    I will be bringing copies of VOTV176, Battle for The Valley and some Voice of The Valley T-shirts.
    @Airman Brown If that is the last issue, I missed that so please reserve me one.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown If that is the last issue, I missed that so please reserve me one.
    That’s the one.
  • Options
    There goes our chances of selling our first edition copies of Battle for the Valley 
  • Options
    Well if we are going full 30 year nostalgia then I might do a Syd / Barry Nugent and bring some Mars and Marathon bars to sell for an over inflated price! 
    Why the inflated price? Did you get the Mars from Marianne Faithfull?
  • Options
    Well if we are going full 30 year nostalgia then I might do a Syd / Barry Nugent and bring some Mars and Marathon bars to sell for an over inflated price! 
    Why the inflated price? Did you get the Mars from Marianne Faithfull?
    They used to operate tuck shops when stewarding the Redwing coaches. A 20p Mars bar would cost 50p etc