Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car parking near The Valley

Hi

Can someone please advise me on the some current car parking options near The Valley? I'm back from the US for the Braga/Scunny/Sheff W games and it's been a long time since I've driven to a game there. We used to park in Makro but I understand the clampers are out in force these days.

We'll be heading towards the Blackwall Tunnel after the game so somewhere off the Woolwich Road (west of the ground) is probably best. We are happy to pay if there's somewhere convenient for a quick getaway. Also don't mind a 10-15min walk after the game.

Thanks for any advice!

New York Addick

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Frank Burton Close is a cul-de-sac off Victoria Way ... with a cut through to Delafield Road you're less than 10mins away. If you get there 40 minutes before k.o., should be no problems finding a space.

www.londontown.com/frankburtonclose

PS Don't park in the cul-de-sac opposite (slightly up the hill) though, it has restrictions and clampers.
  • On an industrial estate opposite Topps Tiles.

Have parked there for years no problems, 8-10 min walk from the ground, in the Blackwall Tunnel in 5 minutes.

Hardly any cars park there either.

Otherwise I think you can park on a side street by Makros which is a little closer.
  • oh salad don't tell everyone its getting harder and harder to park there as it is.
  • Why not park at the Dome, easy bus to the Valley, nice walk back, and also have a look inside the Dome while you're there...
  • Can we sink this please?!?!

I'm in agreement with Steve. Mr Addick has been advised now lets not all start putting our prefered place of parking down eh?
  • Thanks for the help. It used to be a lot easier when we only had crowds of 5,000!
  • Just quickly before the thread is sunk, if you park at the Dome is the quickest/nicest way back to just walk up Anchor & Hope lane to the river, then take a left and keep walking? Thanks
  • Thanks for the thread New York.

Im parking in Frank Burton Close from now on :)
  • [cite]Posted By: newyorkaddick[/cite]Just quickly before the thread is sunk, if you park at the Dome is the quickest/nicest way back to just walk up Anchor & Hope lane to the river, then take a left and keep walking? Thanks

Nicest yes, but not the quickest!

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: newyorkaddick[/cite]Just quickly before the thread is sunk, if you park at the Dome is the quickest/nicest way back to just walk up Anchor & Hope lane to the river, then take a left and keep walking? Thanks

it is the most scenic but takes longer walking that way. so depends on your time.
  • Sponsored links:

• So, Frank Burton's Close and Bernard Ashley Drives? You'll be telling me that Maryon Wilson Parks next!
  • i'm driving tonight and need to get away sharpest to gatwick - best place closest to the ground?

Dicko, does that little secret work weeknights?
  • FB Close is hard to beat, if you can get there before 7:15.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]FB Close is hard to beat, if you can get there before 7:15.
    cheers, but no chance.

Earliest i'll be there is 7.40 i think! may pay the fiver
  • couldn't you pay for your folks to get a cab?!