Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022

Comments

• Kirk fouled on the halfway line, the ref plays advantage but we don;t get one so the ref pulls it back for our kick.
  • How is McGrandles 27 he looks about 12!
  • Chuks flattens his man midway between the dugout and the tunnel, but the ref just gives us the throw.
  • Pompey on the attack, I thought Egbo had shepherded him out for a goal kick, but Payne puts it out for a throw.
  • Albie having a game to forget. Smashing the ball up field at every opportunity.
  • As happens, we're playing worse against 10 players
    other than the goal you mean... right?! lol
  • What has happened to Morgan??
  • Almost a perfect run and cross as I say it. He could work at RM... Just ask Bowyer.
  • Beautiful cross from Albie... So close to reaching Kirk
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m surprised at Kirks stamina. He’s ran yards all night.
  • Pompey on the attack, nice bit of harrying for McG puts Morgan away down the right, tries to cross for Kirk, but the defender gets to it first to put it out for a corner.
  • Corner taken deep, a far amount of head tennis, we get it wide on the left but the cross in is easily collected by their keeper.
  • Beautiful cross from Albie... So close to reaching Kirk
    You just need your players to come to it sometimes. Very basic stuff.
  • And now Dobbo is booked for a foul on Mingi.
  • Ref might be looking to even things up here.
  • Good defensive work from Egbo on the RHS of our area, but Pompey come forward again, and Wollacott has to collect on the run.
  • How is McGrandles 27 he looks about 12!
    Peter Pan, like me
  • Gribbo said:
    How is McGrandles 27 he looks about 12!
    Peter Pan, like me
    Are you thinking of Captain Hook?
  • A confident Aneke has a shot there or blows through defence and taps in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We are such a weird team!
    Or have we found the formation that works?
    but it's not the formation he's supposed to be playing, sacked in the morning.  :D
  • We piss about passing it around the back for a while, lose the ball but manage to get it back, Chuks storms up the middle, wide to Payne whose shot is blocked by the defender and out for a corner.
  • Recco Hackett doesnt look comfortable... They've used all their subs so if he cant continue...
  • We wait to take while RHF is having treatment on the touchline.
  • Corner taken short, ends up going back to nearly the halfway line, Payne tries to cross but it evades everyone.
  • Sloppy play. Should be trying for a 4th & we mess around with it. End up foulig their player & picking up a booking. 
  • Cmon lads... Stop with these stupid bookings

No need for Morgan to make a foul in that area of the pitch
  • Mingi on the break down our left and Morgan gets booked for the foul on him this time.
  • I’ll be honest, I thought we’d lose tonight. Pretty comfortable win against a playoff team this. Let’s hope we can join them. Gotta back Garner in January. 
  • "It's all academic at this late stage". PLEASE don't say that, cos you know what happens next...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!