Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roxy Music O2 14/10/22

Off to see them tonight, four original members still!  On my bucket list - 1st single of theirs I bought Pyjamarama 1973!  Any other Lifers going ?

Comments

• Options
    Who's in the band these days?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Bryan Ferry, Phil Manzanera, Paul Thompson, and Andy MacKay. Plus various newbies. Can't wait!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Yep - my first time seeing them - probably my last time too (as presume this is the end of their touring career). Can’t wait too!
  • Options
    Off to see them tonight, four original members still!  On my bucket list - 1st single of theirs I bought Pyjamarama 1973!  Any other Lifers going ?
    nothing like a nice bit of nostalgia .. enjoy 
  • Options
    I'm going with the wife.
  • Options
    One of my all time favourite bands.
    Always found it very curious why they didn’t make it in a huge way across the pond.
    Got a bit of a following in the trendy East Coast states but elsewhere a bit meh.
    Huge following elsewhere in the world, very talented bunch of musicians with the imperiously smooth and classy Ferry upfront.
  • Options
    Always found it very curious why they didn’t make it in a huge way across the pond.
    Got a bit of a following in the trendy East Coast states but elsewhere a bit meh.
    Huge following elsewhere in the world, very talented bunch of musicians with the imperiously smooth and classy Ferry upfront.
    They were too quirky for USA.
  • Options
    They were too quirky for USA.
    Exactly CE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Enjoy , love them , unfortunately i spent my money on Mode Tickets .
    Off to see Tiny Magnetic Pets tonight at the Water Rats .
  • Options
    I'm going with the wife.
    Not heard that track…..what album is it on?
  • Options
    I'm going tonight. 
    The production quality on there albums was always a hi-fi buffs wet dream. Absolutely top notch. My opinion anyway.
    Avalon, a stand out for me.
  • Options
    I wish I was. Saw them about 10 years ago and they were great. The first two albums were a massive part of my growing up and I still play them regularly. Enjoy.
  • Options
    I'm hoping his voice is still reasonable.
    It was definitely weaker when I saw him in Hyde Park in 2019.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Is Your Love Strong Enough and In Every Dream Home a Heartaches……..just two of my favourites amongst many.
  • Options
    For your Pleasure and Stranded are amongst my favourite albums of all time.
  • Options
    Flesh and blood for me, just takes me back to when I just left school and started to get into music
  • Options
    my boss is going to this. Hope it's a good one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Been a Roxy fan forever, my favourite tracks are "do the strand" and "Amazona". Have a great night to all those going, i hope they play songs from the early days and not their later slow stuff.
  • Options
    I will be there, not an avid fan but they had an avant garde aura about them which I liked. 
  • Options
    Saw them three times back in the day, one of my fav bands. To be honest never even knew they were still performing live, gutted to be missing it.
  • Options
    We're there already. 
  • Options
    Will never forget first putting this on my turntable. 6 minutes of pure bliss, even though the audience were like the West Stand seeing out a 0-0 draw  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLoj1MbLs38
  • Options
    Music was good. But, Bryan Ferry in my view cooler than even Bowie an the Fonz.
  • Options
    few of my mates going to this one - hope his voice stands up.
  • Options
    Ferry is 77, unbelievable Jeff. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Saw him in Kew Gardens in 2011, and his voice was still spot on. 
    First four albums were massive to me in my teens, but I never really liked the Avalon type stuff. A bit too smooth for me. Used to have a double A side 7” Virginia Plain/Pyjamerama. An all time fave. 
    Name drop alert (I was filming at Buckingham Palace after he was awarded the CBE and Mark Cavendish got the MBE in 2011): He told me that prior to Roxy he was a big cyclist, and belonged to a cycling club. Big fan of Mark Cavendish.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Saw him in Kew Gardens in 2011, and his voice was still spot on. 
    First four albums were massive to me in my teens, but I never really liked the Avalon type stuff. A bit too smooth for me. Used to have a double A side 7” Virginia Plain/Pyjamerama. An all time fave. 
    Name drop alert (I was filming at Buckingham Palace after he was awarded the CBE and Mark Cavendish got the MBE in 2011): He told me that prior to Roxy he was a big cyclist, and belonged to a cycling club. Big fan of Mark Cavendish.
    Same for me JS, I never enjoyed Ferry singing solo, only with Roxy Music so the Avalon type stuff was a no, no.