Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton ticket prices highest in division

1980-1981 season mind….

newspaper state prices are crazy!!  

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    …but Millwall prices look the highest in the division in that pic?

Us more expensive than Chelsea etc does look crazy though.
  • Options
    It’s interesting quite a lot of entertainment venues now do a “pay what you think” policy to encourage folk in…
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Remember Charlton seeming really expensive when I first went in 1982/83 Pretty sure I paid something like £2.50 to sit behind the goal, while QPR was £1.50 and Brentford was £1.10 to stand behind the goal. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Remember Charlton seeming really expensive when I first went in 1982/83 Pretty sure I paid something like £2.50 to sit behind the goal, while QPR was £1.50 and Brentford was £1.10 to stand behind the goal. 
    There was a price hike around then that did a lot of damage. I can't remember exactly when, but it was controversial at the time. 
  • Options
    I can remember when the junior admission was 40p. It wasn’t long after decimalisation. I used to get 50p pocket money and 80% of it was spent on Charlton (Until my mate showed me the best place to bunk in).
  • Options
    14 of those teams no longer league clubs (and several others have dropped out but returned).
  • Options
    I think I recall it being 20p for a kid when I first went in 1971. They had the audacity to raise it to 22p shortly after, following the introduction of VAT.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Just wondered if any on here had been tempted , now ticket prices have been ‘slashed’

Oops, sorry wrong thread!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    There was a price hike around then that did a lot of damage. I can't remember exactly when, but it was controversial at the time. 
    Probably to pay for Simonsen"s wages and daft fees for players like Terry Bullivant. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When my dad took me to my first game in 71 I’m sure it cost around 22p for me. Not sure I’d pay even that now to watch the rubbish served up every week
  • Options
    I think I recall it being 20p for a kid when I first went in 1971. They had the audacity to raise it to 22p shortly after, following the introduction of VAT.
    Luckily this is not the club shop thread.
  • Options
    I took my kid to Shrewsbury and he’s got the bug. Half sts are coming for Xmas but I can’t seem to buy tix for the game on sat…..every time I get through to buy them it says this event is not on sale anymore…..any ideas what’s happening? 
  • Options
    mrbligh said:
    I took my kid to Shrewsbury and he’s got the bug. Half sts are coming for Xmas but I can’t seem to buy tix for the game on sat…..every time I get through to buy them it says this event is not on sale anymore…..any ideas what’s happening? 
    You have to log in to buy tickets, they  are on restricted sale to fans with a purchase history.
  • Options
    Quite bizarre seeing some of those prices.

A season ticket at every single club in the entire 4 divisions (except Scunthorpe) was more expensive than Man City in the top flight.

Swansea and Shrewsbury had the 2nd and 3rd highest prices in the country, but weren't in the top division.

It cost more to watch a game at Gillingham than it did at Man Utd.
  • Options
    The club that keeps on giving.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:
    I took my kid to Shrewsbury and he’s got the bug. 
    Flu?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    mrbligh said:
    I took my kid to Shrewsbury and he’s got the bug. 
    Flu?
    Same symptoms.  Headache, feverish, vomiting and wanting to stay in bed.
  • Options

A season ticket at every single club in the entire 4 divisions (except Scunthorpe) was more expensive than Man City in the top flight.

Swansea and Shrewsbury had the 2nd and 3rd highest prices in the country, but weren't in the top division.

Lahndahn innit.

It seems bizarre how shite Man City were before they became the footballing equivalent of lottery winners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lahndahn innit.

It seems bizarre how shite Man City were before they became the footballing equivalent of lottery winners.
    As shit as they were they had more than decent gates and floating in and out of the top flight , if we could one day rise to that shitness we’d be light years above where we’re currently at and have been for a while 
  • Options
    Forest with the most expensive seats in the country. A top team back then of course, and a brand new stand as well, what's now known as the Brian Clough Stand
  • Options
    My first ST was £19.20 in about 1984.
  • Options
    clive said:
    mrbligh said:
    You have to log in to buy tickets, they  are on restricted sale to fans with a purchase history.
    Cheers mate - had an st for 18yrs but not the last three - seems I have no purchase history says the club. Brilliant! 
  • Options
    mrbligh said:
    clive said:
    mrbligh said:
    Cheers mate - had an st for 18yrs but not the last three - seems I have no purchase history says the club. Brilliant! 
    Give the ticket office a call. They are very helpful. Quite likely you have 2 accounts without realising 
  • Options

Lahndahn innit.

As shit as they were they had more than decent gates and floating in and out of the top flight , if we could one day rise to that shitness we’d be light years above where we’re currently at and have been for a while 
    Agreed.  But I remember they were one of the teams we could reasonably hope to beat, like Newcastle and Everton (sometimes) rather than enjoy an opportunity to watch better teams...
  • Options
    I think my first season ticket was about £5. Think they also gave you one ticket in your little ticket book to use at a cup game of your choice.  Happy days!
  • Options
    Sure I've posted this somewhere else before but remember my dad taking us away in the 80s and going in the home end as it was cheaper for kids. Then he'd mention to a steward that we'd gone in the wrong end by mistake and we'd get walked round to the away bit ha! Also squeezing us two boys through on one click of the turnstile and him slipping the operator a few pence for his trouble haha!
  • Options
    redman said:
    mrbligh said:
    clive said:
    mrbligh said:
    Give the ticket office a call. They are very helpful. Quite likely you have 2 accounts without realising 
    Agreed, give them a call tomorrow @mrbligh im sure you will be on their database 
  • Options
    lindos480 said:
    I think my first season ticket was about £5. Think they also gave you one ticket in your little ticket book to use at a cup game of your choice.  Happy days!
    My first Season ticket was about 1968 I was 13/14 Ground only & I'm positive it was £1 10shillings, 30bob  :D