Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s Rugby World Cup in NZ

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Great game. So bored and fed up with men's football, both at club and international level, this was a joy to watch despite the disappointing result.
  • Options
    Fantastic game of Rugby and when England were 14-0 up with two converted tries 'what could possibly go wrong' for the number 1 team in the world; unfortunately, the Red card which reduced the Red Roses to 62 minutes with the winger off. Gutted for England but this is such an improved New Zealand side from last year and they love to play a running game and with a full house behind them it was like they had two extra players. The killer try for England to concede was the one just before half time as they would've had a 12 point cushion to sit on at the break.

Sport can be brilliant when you get the rub of the green (Stanways could've had two Yellows in the final for the Lionesses in first half) unlike Thompson who got a straight Red after being a faction late and clattering her opposite number. It was the Sam Warburton moment when you realized that the mountain had turned into Everest.

England had to go for the win and use their best weapon of a line out and a maul but NZ finally realised that you had to contest and jump and the rest is now history. This was the 2021 WC so let's hope Twickenham 2025 can see England triumph.
  • Options
    While there’s mitigating circumstances to losing this game, the sending off, does seem to reflect any England team in finals, other than the Lionesses, always fall at the final hurdle:(
  • Options
    Without the woman sent off that would have been a slaughter by England.  Shame.  Next World Cup is here in England, I think I'll have to bet myself along to a game or two.
  • Options
    A post script to the game.  This was the final match for 76 year old Sir Graham Henry to be involved as a coach or consultant international level.  What a way to go out.
  • Options
    A post script to the game.  This was the final match for 76 year old Sir Graham Henry to be involved as a coach or consultant international level.  What a way to go out.
    Fine ambassador of the game over the years and a decent player too back in the day.

Pleased for him but gutted for England Red Roses. Under the letter of the law Lydia Thompson certainly had to go but, in my opinion, it changed the result.
  • Options
    England got their own back big time this evening trouncing the Black Ferns 33-12 in Auckland.