Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match (+post p15) Thread: Colchester Utd v Charlton | Papa Johns | Tue 4th Oct 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• I've watched every game this season apart from Saturday and tonight, but I just stopped bothering. Saturday I fixed my car and tonight I had a bath, both seemed to be more exciting. 

I have continued to check the thread as I still feel a connection with you guys on CL. As for the team it's just a bit meh. 
    I think you have just summed it up for me PeP...

• Saw this comment from Jac_52 on the scores thread

Ness: 6 - 7 for the first half 5 for the second. He has shown he isn't a right back but is a very promising centre back. Would have been better to bring on Clayden and switch chin to the right instead of moving him out there for lavelle

Which was a good point, as it was an obvious opportunity to move Chin onto his correct side, and have a left footer on the left. Chin was good, but did cut inside a lot
    And then bring Lavelle on for Thomas sometime in the second half before he ran out of legs.
    You should know better, lads ! 

That's FAR too sensible !
  • Can’t wait to hear Garners repeated post match drivel 
  • Where's Greg Stubbley these days?
  • Down to 16th as Cheltenham and Fleetwood won tonight.
  • I was watching tv so missed what happened in the 2nd half (apart from letting in 2 late goals of course).

Did we miss a pen ? If so, who took it & was it "missed"  or saved ?
  • edited October 2022
    Rudders22 said:
    Off_it said:
    aliwibble said:
    FT Colchester Utd 2 - Charlton 1.
    We'll carry on the postmatch from here.
    Do us all a favour, close and delete the thread and let us pretend none of this happened.
    well this fixture doesn't even appear on the BBC website
    It did in real time. They had all the fixtures, from Champions League through to the tin pot trophy  
  • Sponsored links:

• We have a League 2 team. 

Worst squad in years in terms of quality.  I actually feel sorry for the players as most of them graft but just are not good enough and Garner seems incapable of turning them into a winning team.

Insist on a style of play, get a manager in to deliver it but don't fund or identify the players to deliver it and then switch the objectives to Operation Break Even whilst charging £32 a ticket.

Clownery of the highest order.

I'd rather watch kick and rush and win 1-0 every game if it got us out of this god forsaken quagmire of a league and cup competition.

This high press style of play is yet another vanity project/ soundbite that sounds pukka but has no real substance when you have a transfer window like we've had and don't replace players like Washington.

Utter shitshow this club at the moment.

I don’t want to like this. But you’re not far wrong. 
  • I was watching tv so missed what happened in the 2nd half (apart from letting in 2 late goals of course).

Did we miss a pen ? If so, who took it & was it "missed"  or saved ?
    Payne, saved but it wasn't a great pen.  Would probably still score it 7 out of 10 times though.
  • Thankfully we can now turn our attention back to the Tory Party which is marginally more of a s××tshow than Charlton-just
  • Didn't watch the game (haven't seen one this year yet)

Who was this Col guy in their team who seemed to be all over the pitch and caused us so much trouble?

Sign him up.
  • I can’t say I was glued to the stream but it seemed to be meandering to a 1-0, we missed the penalty and Colchester woke up, it was hardly the Alamo but we still managed to lose it. We struggle to score more than one goal per game whoever is out there, so few of our players know where the goal is irrespective of the position they play so it’s always going to be a struggle. Unfortunately a struggle is all I can see at the moment.
  • edited October 2022
    Chunes said:
    I can't believe Thomas got done by a 33-year-old Akinde
    Hmm wonder why he was without a contract ? 
  • Even less likely that any of these fringe players will get a start. Wallet open in January TS?? 
    Good grief imagine the moths flying around the Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• This was local to me these days so felt obliged to attend…..coasted the first half and flunked the second, not one player wanting to break into the starting XI.  Can you blame them with the state of affairs in the boardroom and on the pitch?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    I can't believe Thomas got done by a 33 stone Akinde, for pace.

What do you seriously expect of our 64 year old owner , he should have picked his son instead 
    Give it time
  • Quite incredible to have actually gone backwards from last season. 
    That takes some doing.
    Please say there’s a mega rich fan in the wings wanting to sort this mess. 
  • Loser mentality throughout the club. It's pathetic 

•  Chin played well again. Campbell looks like he could be a decent player. 

Campbell will probably be needed to fill the rak Sakyi shaped void in our team when palace recall him in January.  Certainly looks promising 
  • edited October 2022