Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sad times, no more loopy loop train :-(

edited September 2022 in General Charlton
South Eastern have decided in their wisdom they’re only going to run Charing X trains at weekend on the Sidcup line from December. 

As a result, no more looping of the Sidcup and Woolwich lines with Cannon St. Sad news for the peeps of Sidcup, Albany Park, Bexley and Crayford who used the loop on a Matchday. 

Will mean more pressure on the London bound trains post game, but most importantly, no more ostrich and whatever spotting of the Slade Green Safari Park :-(  

Comments

• Options
    Got a feeling the people of Albany Park have a got lot more to feel sorry about tbh
  • Options
    Cant believe in 2022 it takes me an hour to get home from charlton 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    But then you do live on the Isle of Wight and own a helicopter .....
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Used this in August when we stayed at mates near Albany Park. Didn't know it did the loop 'til we got on, it as it wasn't advertised as such, we thought we had to get off at Bexley and catch a bus. Maybe more people would have used it if they knew?   
  • Options
    How long has there been a loop train on the Bexleyheath line? I noticed it last week.
  • Options
    I know they're separate entities. But it seems a genius move what with the ULEZ extending next year, and Bexley's whole opposition to the extension being a lack of transport options like in other Boroughs

So what happens... Transport options get bloody reduced!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Last match trip on the loop last night for Sidcup liners. Madness to pull the plug such a handy route to the Valley and Abbey Wood for onward journeys. Going to miss sitting at that red signal staring at the Hills Have Eyes farm wondering how the ostriches are doing.
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:
    Last match trip on the loop last night for Sidcup liners. Madness to pull the plug such a handy route to the Valley and Abbey Wood for onward journeys. Going to miss sitting at that red signal staring at the Hills Have Eyes farm wondering how the ostriches are doing.
    Yep, sad times. Will be missed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But the bonus for @golfaddick is that in 10-days time he gets speedy trains from Swanley to London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing X so every cloud…
  • Options
    One thing led to another and came across this (near the slade green loop), old manor house ruin and moat at end of Moat Lane. 

https://youtu.be/7GsANB_KwZc

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    But the bonus for @golfaddick is that in 10-days time he gets speedy trains from Swanley to London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing X so every cloud…
    That will indeed be a godsend. Currently when meeting mates at the Barrowboy & Banker outside London Bridge I have to get a train to Catford Bridge, get off & leave the station, walk 500 yards to Catford station & then wait 20 mins for a connecting train to LB. 

So for once I'm a happy bunny. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    That will indeed be a godsend. Currently when meeting mates at the Barrowboy & Banker outside London Bridge I have to get a train to Catford Bridge, get off & leave the station, walk 500 yards to Catford station & then wait 20 mins for a connecting train to LB. 

As long as you're alright .....

(500 yards between the stations at Catford? Behave! Must've moved them since I lived there)
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Off_it said:
    Fumbluff said:

(500 yards between the stations at Catford? Behave! Must've moved them since I lived there)
    More like 100 yards……if that.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Fumbluff said:

More like 100 yards……if that.
    Yeah, my yardage distances were always a bit iffy....😀😀😀
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Meeting 'mates' still?🤔

You kept that quiet. 
  • Options
    One thing led to another and came across this (near the slade green loop), old manor house ruin and moat at end of Moat Lane. 

https://youtu.be/7GsANB_KwZc

Used to live just up the road from there. Part of my childhood playground. Just along from Slade Green FC - sadly now defunct.
  • Options
    Live in Chislehurst and only found out about the loopy train 2/3 years ago. Previously used the snail-paced 161 or expensive cabs.
    Having got used to it for my travel to the Valley it looks like I’m now back to “On the buses” with R.Varney.
    Lets hope a certain P.Varney brings the smile back to my face because at the moment all things Charlton related look grim!
  • Options
    Live in Chislehurst and only found out about the loopy train 2/3 years ago. Previously used the snail-paced 161 or expensive cabs.
    Having got used to it for my travel to the Valley it looks like I’m now back to “On the buses” with R.Varney.
    Let’s hope a certain P.Varney brings the smile back to my face because at the moment all things Charlton related look grim!
    That is some loop that goes to chislehurst !! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems to be some loop trains going round from Sidcup to Charlton for a couple of hours (first at 1721 that I can see), what a result 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Seems to be some loop trains going round from Sidcup to Charlton for a couple of hours (first at 1721 that I can see), what a result 
    Great news
  • Options
    According to my ‘Trainline app, no loop trains from Sidcup on Saturday.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    clb74 said:
    But then you do live on the Isle of Wight and own a helicopter .....
    Shirley, has a pushbike.
  • Options
    According to my ‘Trainline app, no loop trains from Sidcup on Saturday.

Engineering work is taking place between London Charing Cross and New Cross, closing some lines.

On Saturday - A limited service will run from London Cannon Street and London Bridge with most services diverted to run to / from London Victoria or Blackfriars.

Saturday:

Paddock Wood Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Ramsgate / Dover Priory via Tonbridge will be diverted to run to and from London Victoria.

Hastings Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Hastings will run to and from London Bridge and run non stop between London Bridge and Tonbridge via an alternative route. Trains which usually only run between London Charing Cross and Tunbridge Wells will not run.

Maidstone East line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Maidstone East will run from London Victoria, and call additionally at Bromley South.

Sole Street line: Trains between London Victoria and Dover Priory will be retimed and call additionally at Denmark Hill. . A reduced service of 2 trains each hour will run between London Victoria and Gillingham.

Bexleyheath Line: Services between London Cannon Street and Slade Green, and London Charing Cross and Dartford via Bexleyheath will not run. Services between London Victoria and Dartford via Bexleyheath will be retimed.

Woolwich Line: Trains between London Cannon Street and Gravesend via Woolwich will not run. Trains between London Cannon Street and Slade Green via Greenwich will be extended to run to & from Dartford. Additional trains will run between London Victoria and Dartford via Woolwich.

Grove Park Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Sevenoaks will be diverted to run to and from London Victoria. Services between London Cannon Street and Orpington will not run.

Sidcup Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Gravesend will run to and from London Victoria. A reduced service of 2 trains each hour will run between London and Dartford via Sidcup.

Hayes Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Hayes will run from Blackfriars and will run every 30 minutes calling additionally at Elephant & Castle.

Additional trains will run between London Bridge and London Cannon Street.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/planned-engineering-work?date=2023-08-19#engineering-departure-board

• Options
    To and from Blackheath to Charlton on Saturday?
    Anybody know?
    Like trains from Victoria going through Blackheath to Woolwich?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    To and from Blackheath to Charlton on Saturday?
    Anybody know?
    Like trains from Victoria going through Blackheath to Woolwich?
    24/55 minutes past the hour Blackheath to Charlton.
    17/47 minutes past the hour Charlton to Blackheath.
    https://www.thetrainline.com/
  • Options
    Clive many thanks.
  • Options
    Is it coming back then?