Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant or Jordan Rhodes?

Stirring quite a debate on Twitter.

Five sets of fans all saying it’s a silly question. Charlton, Reading and Bournemouth fans all say Yann. Huddersfield and Blackburn fans say Rhodes.

To be honest, the debate just leaves me depressed that we only got two and a half seasons from one of my favourite ever players when he spent eight seasons total in England.

Comments

• Options
    I don't recall Jordan Rhodes ever refusing to play for Charlton.
  • Options
    What a stupid question... Yann and it is not even remotely close
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    My sentiments entirely but I suppose fans of a player that scored 160 goals in 309 games for Blackburn and Huddersfield is rather going to say the opposite. It's probably the modern day equivalent of comparing a Frank Worthington to Killer. How many of us would vote for Worthington?
  • Options
    Rhodes was a goalscorer and not much else, and as a goalscorer he was only prolific for three or four seasons in his career. Yann wasn’t really about scoring goals, he contributed in other ways. He chipped in with goals and I think he had one very decent season in that respect with us, but really Yann offered more than just finishing chances.

At his peak Rhodes played for Scotland and never did much (the team was awful at that time to be fair). As a Scotland fan I would have preferred Yann, so maybe that tells you what you need to know. 
  • Options
    Rhodes as a striker is better. 

Yann is a great talisman however and depending on the team would suit them more. 
  • Options
    A difficult question, as they're different types of player.

Rhodes at his peak was a lethal Championship goalscorer, the slight surprise is how poor he's been since 2016, as he's still only 32.
  • Options
    Tbf @se9addick you probably could of played for Scotland at that time, or even now actually. 

I'm surprised the selectors haven't asked me and I'm not even Scottish.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Yanns the better footballer, Rhodes the better goalscorer. If you needed a partner for Heskey, you’d choose Rhodes. If you had Owen, you’d choose Yann. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    My sentiments entirely but I suppose fans of a player that scored 160 goals in 309 games for Blackburn and Huddersfield is rather going to say the opposite. It's probably the modern day equivalent of comparing a Frank Worthington to Killer. How many of us would vote for Worthington?
    Hales vs Flanagan is another interesting  comparison too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully if sandgarrd doesn't sell him we can have a discussion of who's better Leaburn or Leaburn. 
  • Options
    Hopefully if sandgarrd doesn't sell him we can have a discussion of who's better Leaburn or Leaburn. 
    Leaburn.
  • Options
    rhodes was a poacher. Yann could play just about any role in the front line. They are not the same. But as has been said - would've been a deadly pairing.
  • Options
    Leaburn.
     think your being a bit rash. It's obviously Leaburn.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    In Flash's early days and when he played as a left winger, I used to have big arguments with my Dad. He was brought up on playing football in Hungary at the time of Puskas and could see that Flash had a great touch and vision. All I could see was the number of times he lost the ball. When he moved through the middle I began to recognise what he was on about!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Tbf @se9addick you probably could of played for Scotland at that time, or even now actually. 

I'm surprised the selectors haven't asked me and I'm not even Scottish.
    neither is Jordan Rhodes 
  • Options
    Yann was a absolute quality.
    Not suggesting Rhodes is anything less than a very good goalscorer, but Yann was dynamite.
  • Options
    Yann every time 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're very different strikers who would have been absolutely lethal if they'd ever been paired together.

That would have been an absolute beast of a pairing
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    This would have been a fantastic partnership in the Championship:

You would have to turn the clock back 9 years when both men were at their Peak.

*Yann Kermorgant would be 31 and in his best positions as a number ten where he would score his 1 goal in 3 and link up with the 23 year old Jordan Rhodes who was a goal poacher of the highest quality and with Yann along him his record of a goal every two games would be even better and would've turned him into the top striker in the championship.

Yann played this position for Bournemouth and unlike at Cafc they played it too his feet more and Wilson was the main striker who benefitted.
  • Options
    Stirring quite a debate on Twitter.

Five sets of fans all saying it’s a silly question. Charlton, Reading and Bournemouth fans all say Yann. Huddersfield and Blackburn fans say Rhodes.

To be honest, the debate just leaves me depressed that we only got two and a half seasons from one of my favourite ever players when he spent eight seasons total in England.
    The player that got a winners medal must be held in higher esteem than a player that lost in the play offs.
  • Options
    bit of an apple/oranges question .. Rhodes was/is a goal hanging consistent scorer, Kermorgant the far better all round footballer and team contributor
  • Options
    Easy -YANN  <3
  • Options
    Definitely Yann, my favourite player ever. 

I'll never forgive Katrien for selling him.
  • Options
    Heads says ones a good goalscorer who doesn’t really contribute much else (not particularly a bad thing), the others a cultured intelligent player who can create as well as nick goals.  Two different players, depends what you need.  
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    In the ring I'd give it 3 rounds.