Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: BOLTON 3-1 CHARLTON

Many thanks to the 59 Lifers who gave marks.
A number of us have been quite critical of Stockley so I thought I'd do a comparison of the first 7 games last and this season, much to my surprise not much difference except in the fouls and cards:  

LAST     THIS
Minutes               693       664
Avg Mark             6.07      6.03
Fouls                    19         10
Yellow                   2           0
Shots on                4           7
Shots off                3           2
Misses                   8           5
Goals                     2           1

here are the stats

Comments

• Options
    Thanks.

Is that fouls figure for O'Connell correct? 12 seems far too high, especially as the team total of 19 doesn't match the summary
  • Options
    Thanks.

Is that fouls figure for O'Connell correct? 12 seems far too high, especially as the team total of 19 doesn't match the summary
    no - I was trying to change a 1 to a 2 and ended up with 12!!!!!
    I'll do an edit
  • Options
    Thanks.

no - I was trying to change a 1 to a 2 and ended up with 12!!!!!
    I'll do an edit
    Cheers. It would have been a very generous referee to allow someone to foul 12 times, and not get a booking  :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the bonus Stockley research LL - very interesting.
  • Options
    Confirms what many of us knew 13 months ago: Jayden plays in a two up front or else when 4-3-3 breaks down he is isolated and struggles.

It really isn't rocket science and Ben has to find a solution or else this brave new world  will Garner less points than the respectful amount of points JJ amounted over his 33 games in charge last season. 

Some time in the future we will realize that JJ overachieved with the players available, points wise under his tenure. 
  • Options
    fair set of marks, except I would have had Dobson in second place
  • Options
    You'd be wrong. Dobson was diving in, very predictable and his passing was awful
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    You'd be wrong. Dobson was diving in, very predictable and his passing was awful
    hahahahahahaha .. and you gave Clayden the same mark as Dobson !! ..  get some decent specs f f s
  • Options
    fair set of marks, except I would have had Dobson in second place
    The top 2 were to me the only players who came out of that game with any credit, so I'm happy with the order.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    hahahahahahaha .. and you gave Clayden the same mark as Dobson !! ..  get some decent specs f f s
    Remove your bias for a moment and realise he looked the player he did at the start of last season. 

Both he and Morgan were put under extra pressure by the constantly out of position LB and LW though. We need that left back/left mid relationship resolved as we cannot keep relying on Clayden to go past Kirk as Kirk doesn't drop when possession is turned over. Morgan or Dobson are always pulled into that space to cover and invariably that gives us a two in midfield up against usually two forwards and two midfielders... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching the EFL highlights programme, the pundit (Dean Ashton) highlighted how poor our defence was. Obviously not all down to the defenders, but they weren't great
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Doesn't matter what system you attempt to play, poor play is infectious and some players are left exposed as passes go astray, you are hit in transition and the shape goes to pot. Plus the opposition on their game does count as their Coach will expose your weakness if you play a player not in a position he is comfortable with.
    Clayden at LB when you come under pressure and you need him to defend. I tipped Bolton to win as I felt Evatt would win the battle of the two managers with the players available. 

Against Plymouth every player played well  with confidence from the first whistle to last other than a short spell at 3-0 when we tried to stick against the 10 men and let them back in at 3-1. After that we were pro active again and Stockley had a good game as the central striker/ forward and led the attack well.

This will be rare as it should be crystal clear by now Stockley is better in a two and thanks for the stats to prove it, Lancs lad.
  • Options
    A clear split down the middle of the side in terms of marks. Feels about fair to me.

Fraser and Rak-Sakyi were definitely our best two performers while O'Connell, Dobson, Wollacott and Clare were all solid without being outstanding.

Stockley, Kirk and Clayden deservedly in the top three while I thought Morgan was off the boil and Lavelle, while decent enough in patches, also had struggles at times too.

Overall a fair reflection of the performance in terms of rankings IMO.