Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Saturday 3rd September 2022 3pm | Match Preview

edited September 2022 in General Charlton
It seems our preview team have downed tools in protest over the non-event of deadline day so here goes.

It's a long way to Bolton who, like us, used to be good but they now play in Horwich.

Stockley has been much maligned so it bound to score a hat-trick, miss some sitters, get sent off or possibly all three.

McGrandles will replace Morgan and Innis is injured.

Otherwise we'll be unchanged 

3 - 1 to the Addicks

Comments

• Options
    Hahah tools downed , but not bad for a last
    minute preview , I’m going tomorrow so looking forward to it. I reckon it may be a Desmond 2 - 2
  • Options
    thanks H, and even though I am rather off TS and his family I will still be doing the players marks tomorrow
    COYA
    1-1
  • Options
    Thanks for doing this. it's part of my weekly routine waiting for the 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Thanks for doing this. it's part of my weekly routine waiting for the match preview. Was getting anxious!!! 2-0 to the addicks. Of course we will win won't we. Stockley brace.

• Options
    Thanks for the preview. Bolton seem a bit inconsistent and should be there for a result if we play like we can. Real worry with the games coming thick and fast now, injuries will be decisive. Lets be postive, first away win, 1-0 to the Addicks in a scrappy game.
  • Options
    About bloody time.

Sneaky feeling we win this they are unpredictable Bolton, I think we’ll play our stuff and get a goal either side of the break.  Will be good to see CBT back.

Wollacott
    Clare, Lavelle, O’Connell, Clayden 
    Morgan, Dobson, Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi, Stockley, Kirk

MacG, Ness, Chin, McGrandles, Payne, CBT, Leaburn

Innis obviously out, can’t see him changing the midfield three as the back up all started midweek, same trio up top also, Chin in for Lavelle on the bench, McGrandles available as he said in the presser so you’d assume he and CBT make the bench. 

0-2 Kirk and Fraser.
  • Options
    About bloody time.

Sneaky feeling we win this they are unpredictable Bolton, I think we’ll play our stuff and get a goal either side of the break.  Will be good to see CBT back.

Wollacott
    Clare, Lavelle, O’Connell, Clayden 
    Morgan, Dobson, Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi, Stockley, Kirk

MacG, Ness, Chin, McGrandles, Payne, CBT, Leaburn

Innis obviously out, can’t see him changing the midfield three as the back up all started midweek, same trio up top also, Chin in for Lavelle on the bench, McGrandles available as he said in the presser so you’d assume he and CBT make the bench. 

0-2 Kirk and Fraser.
    That’s how I see it with the team. I think Garner really rates McGrandles so expect to see him starting sooner rather than later. 

Bench still looking a little bear sadly, and that’s not me doing a disservice to Ness, Chin and certainly Leaburn who have all been fantastic. 

Hoping this will be one of those games where it feels like it’s falling together and we get a good win, and we can take some momentum into some ‘easier’ fixtures. 

Never ever easy away from home though. 
  • Options
    Maybe a good time to give Leaburn a start?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Bolton 2 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    I'd take a point now whilst hoping for better obviously.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Maybe a good time to give Leaburn a start?
    Not this one I think he should start at home first maybe midweek Forest green.  
  • Options
    1-2 to the Addicks Stockley in open play 🙌🏻 and JR-S
  • Options
    How many F’s in preview? Yes, that’s right. there is no F in preview 🤭
  • Options
    Sorry Covered End, I’m missing something here.  What exactly does that mean 😄
  • Options
    Just looking forward to watching Charlton Athletic the team I love, having a beer, shouting cmon you reds at the top of my voice and enjoying a football match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry Covered End, I’m missing something here.  What exactly does that mean 😄
    MuttleyCAFC thinks the fans that take the time, effort and money to attend Charlton matches are the least important fans to Charlton. See the transfers thread. 
  • Options
    Thanks CE.  It’s early morning here which might explain my befuddlement.  Cheers
  • Options
    Like Sandgaard I have no fucking clue.

3-3  
  • Options
    I reckon it will be another draw and we will slip another couple of places in the  table. 
    I hope Garner is not too downbeat with the lack of support by guitar boy on deadline day.
    Anyway onwards and upwards. 
  • Options
    1-2 Charlton

Stockley bags one 

COYR!
  • Options
    Let’s hope the players show more enthusiasm than some of our fans are left with following the deadline-day fiasco.
  • Options
    Is Bolton away a bogey team/game? Can’t remember the last time we won there - 
    but as it’s my birthday I reckon we will today. 
    2-1. 
  • Options
    The big defender Santos impressed me last season when we had that drubbing, but BW this seasons results so far haven't been that good ,3-0 vs Wycombe looks good but ? they had a rookie GK, I think I heard that.
    I'm edging towards a positive outcome...
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Evattball v Garnerball:

Two managers that have the same philosophy of how to play football.

So early in the season and we are looking short of numbers as the injury prone players, Aneke and Inniss are injured ! as well as the X factor player Corey Blackett-Taylor.

Just hope the players and Garner receive 100% support today and any players struggling aren't slated at the game as some critics who attend matches get more pleasure out of slagging off individual players.

Same thoughts on Cafc as I had on the morning of our first game this season ?

We will draw more matches as we will have a style and a plan but the 4-3-3 won't win Cafc enough games despite the good look as the forward players and the midfield won't be clinical enough unless we could find the missing link in the window; now we are searching with players training on their own and not match fit !

The paradox is today that there could be plenty of goals as both teams go for it. Our problem will be when teams park the bus.
    We know Bolton will go for the Jugular if they smell blood like their 4-1 victory at the valley under Nadkins.

Heart goes for 2-2 and head for 3-2 loss.

Let's have some heart today and get behind the Boys.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!