Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PORTSMOUTH CLASH MOVED DUE TO SKY SPORTS SELECTION (now Mon Oct 17th 2022 8pm)

edited September 2022 in General Charlton

Charlton's Sky Bet League One fixture against Portsmouth at The Valley has been moved to Monday, October 17th (8pm KO BST) after being selected for live coverage by Sky Sports.

The clash was originally scheduled for Saturday, October 15th, but will now take place two days later in SE7 with a late kick-off.

Despite the Sky selection, all Addicks supporters outside of the UK and Ireland will still be able to watch the game live on CharltonTV.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/portsmouth-clash-moved-due-sky-sports-selection

Comments

• Options
    Sigh 
  • Options
    There's a midweek PL programme that week, hence moving an EFL game to the Monday

So not only is our away games at Pompey ruined by being played on NYD, the away game for the Pompey fans at Charlton is now also ruined...
  • Options
    Every cloud, I can go Wings on the Saturday now.
  • Options
    That will put a few off now being midweek and they can sit indoors or down the local pub to watch it. The gate will look a bit sparse like the Plymouth recent home game 
  • Options
    Oh FFS.
  • Options
    7k max, unless everyone turns up just to keep warm in the concourses to save on energy bills 
  • Options
    Great, no signings and now this.
  • Options
    Not good, clashes with my darts team's league match now.
  • Options
    Lucky for me; I get back from holiday on the Monday! But I appreciate that it's a pain for the vast majority.
  • Options
    I was going to miss this one as I am away. Will make it now, but under normal circumstances it would annoy me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Work and travel from the South West means I can only get to Saturday matches. Shame as I enjoy the Pompey matches, home and away.
  • Options
    Lucky for me; I get back from holiday on the Monday! But I appreciate that it's a pain for the vast majority.
    Same here ! 
  • Options
    yeah was a game i was planning on having a bit of a beer up with mates to wont do it on the monday now will likely go but drive 
  • Options
    That’s at least four Irish Addicks not coming over.
    Just as well I hadn’t booked the flights 🙄
    Can’t make it now until the Cheltenham game in December 😔
  • Options
    clive said:

Charlton's Sky Bet League One fixture against Portsmouth at The Valley has been moved to Monday, October 17th (8pm KO BST) after being selected for live coverage by Sky Sports.

The clash was originally scheduled for Saturday, October 15th, but will now take place two days later in SE7 with a late kick-off.

Despite the Sky selection, all Addicks supporters outside of the UK and Ireland will still be able to watch the game live on CharltonTV.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/portsmouth-clash-moved-due-sky-sports-selection

F**k Sky, I'll VPN it and pay cafc for the stream.
  • Options
    I’m another one that couldn’t make the Saturday as it’s my 70th birthday and the family are having a weekend away, now conveniently me and the boy can make it. Sorry for those that ain’t so lucky as us.
  • Options
    I’m another one that couldn’t make the Saturday as it’s my 70th birthday and the family are having a weekend away, now conveniently me and the boy can make it. Sorry for those that ain’t so lucky as us.
    Likewise, this may be the first time tv selection has benefitted me but in general a bummer for most
  • Options
    Not good, clashes with my darts team's league match now.
    Ditto. Guarantee that our team will be away to a pub without sky sports as well 😡
  • Options
    if they have any sense this will be a 'bring a mate for free' match, or they'll be a near empty stadium
  • Options
    One day later and I'd finally have a game on my Birthday 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody Nora!
    All my October coach fare bookings, made in August to get best fares and also circumnavigate potential train strikes (and extortionate train fares) and this one already kiboshed.
    Hopefully amend the ticket to another date, but I will miss the freaking game now.
  • Options
    Selfishly suits me as it is my nights weekend and always goosed when I work, go to the match, then to work. Off for 3 days then.
  • Options
    Saves the travel costs.
    Deserted stands on TV gonna be a sobering sight for our gobshite martinet owner.
  • Options
    Selfishly suits me as it is my nights weekend and always goosed when I work, go to the match, then to work. Off for 3 days then.
    Goosed??
  • Options
    I'm another that will be going now, top of the league clash 
  • Options
    I was definitely going to this. Now I’m definitely not going to this. 
  • Options
    One day later and I'd finally have a game on my Birthday 
    I had a string of these mate and we never won. In fact in two of them we conceded stoppage time goals to lose/draw.

Best to keep your birthday Charlton free and you'll have nothing to ruin it 😂
  • Options
    CHG said:
    I was definitely going to this. Now I’m definitely not going to this. 

Same.
    I feel sorry for the away fans who've made travel arrangements when this happens.