Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weaver

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
So what kind of reception did the Charlton fans give him on Saturday, and what was the banter like with him?

Comments

• Was ok, i think Carter fancies him though.

A few, "weaver is a w*nker" but it was all in good humour followed up by "only one nicky weaver".

I tried to start "you used to be a tosser, you used to be a tosser" but it didnt take off, much like the Luke Varney and Iwelumo songs....
  • "Theres only one Nicky Weaver,
    He used to be shite,
    But now he's alright,
    Walking in a Weaver wonderland"
  • Someone on the email list was moaning about some of the 'abuse' aimed at Weaver mostly, but also Thomas and Ambrose... not sure he was at the same game as me!

All the banter at Weaver was, in my opinion, well within the limits, and was taken in good spirits by the man himself. Think we're going to have some good banter with him this season.
  • He's going to be a hero

Oh Nicky Weaver
    He plays in goal
    Oh Nicky Weaver plays in goal
    He's got a name like a beaver
  • Eat em all, eat em all
    Chinese, kebabs and sausage roll
    Cos he's Nicky Weaver and he loves his grub
    He plays for Charlton and no longer a mug
  • there's only one Nicky Weaver,
    one Nicky Weaver.
    A Big Mac and fries, will give Nicky a smile,
    Weaver's number one by a mile
  • Is it a monster

Who's that eating crisps in the goal, its Nicky Weaver, its Nicky Weaver....
  • lol AFKA you really need to work on some of them HAHAHA

He's going to be a hero

Oh Nicky Weaver
    He plays in goal
    He's got a name like a beaver

LIKE THAT
  • Kev fell down the stairs trying to get an autograph!!

Weaver will be our mate this season, can see him coming for a few post match bevvies too
  • did anyone do a summary of the match on here?

A mate wound me up that we were 5-0 down and Reid was out for the season.. bstd!
  • Sponsored links:

• lol afka has me cracking up with that crisps in goal one.. classic!!
  • There's only o-ne Nicky Weaver
    O-ne Nicky Weaver
    He used to be shite,
    But now he's alright,
    His favourite sausage is a Winter Cumberland,
    There's only o-ne Nicky Weaver .....
  • edited July 2007
    He's full of flab
    He eats a mean kebab
    Nicky Weaver, Nicky Weaver

His arse is round
    It scrapes along the ground
    Nicky Weaver, Nicky Weaver

He's got huge thighs
    From eating all the pies
    Nicky Weaver Nicky Weaver
  • It's funny how many people are predicting that Weaver will become some sort of hero. It's almost expected. Goalkeepers always being over-rated at Charlton in my opinion, I ask how bad he would have to be now for people to continue to dislike him!
  • I know what you mean Jimmy. Take that Bob Bolder clown - absolute toilet he was, and don't get me started on that Sam Bartram fella.
  • Mike Salmon might disagree with you !
  • yeah and Scott carson SHOCKER of a keeper
  • yeah, and remember Nicky Johns and Graham Tutt. They were pants too !! And that Dean Keily ? Gawd blimey.
  • and Sasa Ilic, all those clean sheets in a row were disgraceful
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]and Sasa Ilic, all those clean sheets in a row were disgraceful

Er ..... Sasa really was shite - OFFICIAL!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sir Charlie Wright........legend (don't mention the occasional howler).
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]and Sasa Ilic, all those clean sheets in a row were disgraceful

Er ..... Sasa really was shite - OFFICIAL!!!
    He was great until he got knocked out at Chelsea.
  • What about Steve Brown?

Wasn't there the suggestion that he could have made it as a keeper?
  • mike salmon was crap
  • Illic may have just been on a lucky streak, and got found out or perhaps it was his head inury who knows, as someone who saw him concede two goals against Blackburn (I think) in exactly the same way, and same player I am inclined to think it was the former. Great bloke though and deserves his place in our history books.
  • Sasa Ilic was brilliant for a short period in a team brimming with confidence. Did nothing before or since.

Mike Salmon was at best average.

Andy Petterson was average but won Player of The Year.

Others like, Bolder, Johns and yes even Kiely were good keepers but we do exaggerate just how good our keepers are at Charlton. We seem to think that if they pull off a good save then they're brilliant but the opposition's keepers are normally performing just as well. If they couldn't pull off good saves they wouldn't be professional goalkeepers would they?

Charlton fans appreciate good goalkeepers and defenders more than midfielders and forwards. Just look at The Player of The Year statistics.