Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Chin - on loan to Bath City (p3)

Comments

• Options
    Malaysia U23
    Must be a lot of fun and a big source of pride for our players who get called up for some of the smaller (in footballing terms) Caribbean/African/Asian nations. None of our guys are going to win Premier League or Champions League trophies, no one’s getting 100 caps for a nation that challenges in major tournaments, so these experiences must be fantastic compared to the lot of the average third division footballer. 

Hope they all enjoy it (and come back injury free!). 
  • Options
    I don't think the Malaysian national team is very strong, so perhaps disappointing that he's only in the U23s, rather than the senior team like Kanu and Anderson.

He was good for Dartford last season.
  • Options
    And given a rapturous applause when subbed.
    They loves him.
    they seemed delighted when he re-signed. At 21 and not challenging the first team I wonder if it’s time he moved on. More for his own good than anything else 
  • Options
    I think he is a very good prospect and hopefully we will keep him and he will end up a 1st team regular 
  • Options
    What position is he playing for them? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think he has played wide right midfield
  • Options
    A position that he was far more familiar with playing in age group teams than the right and even left back he was employed in when in our first team. If and when he returns to us and there is an opportunity for him in the first team, it would be good to see him given a chance there. 
  • Options
    A position that he was far more familiar with playing in age group teams than the right and even left back he was employed in when in our first team. If and when he returns to us and there is an opportunity for him in the first team, it would be good to see him given a chance there. 
    I didn’t follow him the youth teams, did he play full back for them at all? Seems mad to me that he’d be thrust into the first team not in his natural position 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    I didn’t follow him the youth teams, did he play full back for them at all? Seems mad to me that he’d be thrust into the first team not in his natural position 
    As far as I'm aware, for the majority of his youth team career he played at CM or RM
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    fenaddick said:
    As far as I'm aware, for the majority of his youth team career he played at CM or RM
    Thanks AA, even weirder he was played i defence for the 1st team
  • Options
    Whenever I saw him play for the youth he was a CM, so I was surprised to see him play full back for the first team, and not shocked to see that he struggled unfortunately. 

Dartford, albeit a Conference South side, is a good loan move for him. He done well there last season, and game time/confidence will be what’s needed for him to get a decent loan a bit higher up. There’s a decent player in there. He’s shown it on occasions out of position. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    We've desperately short in full back positions, especially LB, for a couple of seasons. I guess as a young player you'll leap at the chance of first team football, even if it's in the wrong position.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    We've desperately short in full back positions, especially LB, for a couple of seasons. I guess as a young player you'll leap at the chance of first team football, even if it's in the wrong position.

Joe Gomez made his debut at LB for Liverpool and fortunately had an easy game but just played safe. In his second game he got exposed as a Premier wide player went on his outside and he ended up giving away a penalty as he made a clumsy challenge.
    The only poor game I saw from Gomez at cafc was at LB when he had to help out as Wiggins ? was injured. RB or CB felt like Joe's natural position.

Richard Chin, Gunter, Clare, and many more have tried and they always are inhibited if a wide players gets on the outside when on their wrong side. 

That's why players who are two footed are worth their weight in Gold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the Dartford team today, so presumably his loan has been extended 
  • Options
    Chin definitely stood out as being a bit better than the semi pros around him, but his calf muscles stood out even more!
  • Options
    Disappointing that it's another NLS loan. And disappointing from a Dartford pov too.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Surprised he either didn't stay with Dartford or move up to National League but assume it's about who wants him and who can afford him.
  • Options
    Disappointing that it's another NLS loan. And disappointing from a Dartford pov too.
    Especially as Dartford are playing Bath today...