Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please remind me of these match day smells

For those of us in faraway places of unspellable names, tearful with longing, please, sensually  share, take me there one more time...

Comments

• Options
    Greasy burgers cooking, people milling about outside stadium, chips, bacon butties, beer in the fans bar, excited anticipation, parking a bloody nightmare, BUT it's The Valley 50 mins before ko.
  • Options

scratch n sniff needs to make a comeback. 
  • Options
    That new book smell when you get to your seat and start reading the Programme
  • Options
    Spot on👍👍 but more burgers please and urine
  • Options
    Burgers and boiled onions and roll ups being smoked
  • Options
    The smell of police horses, and what comes out of them...
  • Options
    The smell of police horses, and what comes out of them...
    Police ponies?
  • Options
    Whatever bulking agent they decided to use
  • Options
    nostalgia from when my dad came home from an afternoon at the valley and i'd take the programme off him and devour it of a saturday evening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Stale beer and piss. 

Which is strange, because I'm at home and it's almost as if I can smell it now .....
  • Options
    And yet, as soon as you're in, you can still smell the freshly cut grass
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cheap burger burps. Acceptable when they are your own, unacceptable when it’s the stranger sitting next to you.
  • Options
    Smell of warm piss, fresh grass and burger vans 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Stinks of shit around the valley
  • Options
    Liniment all around the old West Stand in the 60s
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The smell of brown trousers from the crowd when we pass around the back...
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The smell of the little silver burger stall on floyd Road. Not there anymore, but early 2000s was always there at the top on the left walking down. If coming out of charlton Station and the buzz walking up to delafield Road wasn't enough, the smell of that burger stall would tell you where you was.
  • Options
    Frying onions, cigarette smoke, piss, horse shit, deep heat maybe for those who are stationed nearer the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    Frying onions, cigarette smoke, piss, horse shit, deep heat maybe for those who are stationed nearer the pitch
    Deep Heat? Stuff and nonsense.

The true smell of a changing room is White Horse Linament.
  • Options
    The smell of onions and burgers from the greasy trolley inside the ground near the old Lansdown Mews turnstiles!
    Always wanted try one and, boy, did I regret it when I finally did!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Roasted Peanuts and Wagon Wheels ! Wagon Wheels smelled gorgeous when I was a kid, bought from the caravan type tea hut on the massive East Terrace! I would retreat to the top and jump over onto the hidden concrete ledge behind and scoff it down in seconds .
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick ‘s arse when he has to buy a round of drinks for 3 people. 
  • Options
    went to Coventry v Liverpool in 82/83 season. As a kiwi lad it was breathtaking. I remember little of the game (Ian Rush disallowed goal 0-0) but I remember broken glass tarred to the top of a brick wall to stop climbing over. And I remember the smell of coal fires (or more likely just factory pollution) a dark cold night and the oasis of light and grass. I remember a bunch of flat cap wearing men passing around some bovril and the smell wafted up to me. Wonder of wonders. 
  • Options
    Roasting chestnuts on a blazing brazier - no more alas.
  • Options
    Roasting chestnuts on a blazing brazier - no more alas.
    Oxford Street used to have these  - wonderful treat that burnt your lips off if you weren't careful :smile:
  • Options
    Remember the smell of burnt sugar when I first started going.
  • Options
    Boxing day and all the men wearing their new aftershave.
  • Options
    Remember the smell of burnt sugar when I first started going.
    ... from Tate and Lyle ? When I lived in Woolwich as  a kid (Samuel St) we got a rate rebate because of the smell!