Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

⚽️🥅 COUNTDOWN TO PROMOTION 22/23 🥅⚽️

I know this thread won't be popular with many (superstition etc), but I'm feeling positive about this season. We are going to get better and better and finish top two. 

Comments

• Options
    Nice one UTV 👍
  • Options
    260 days until the 46th game!
  • Options
    Nice one UTV 👍
    @AFKABartram I expect my first promote.😉
    Have a temporary LOL overnight and we can get down to business when I sober up in the morning:-) 
  • Options
    DELETE AND SINK
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    sam3110 said:
    DELETE AND SINK
    Yeah, perish the thought of some positivity eh. 
  • Options
    HMS piss the league has already departed. Just need Aneke back and there will be no stopping us.
  • Options
    Some never learn not to count their chickens before they are hatched.
  • Options
    Will be after the lord mayors show today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022

• Options
    It’s bad luck to mention the “P” word until WIOTOS.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    🤦🏻‍♂️
    Might be best to wait 10 games when we will have a better idea on how Ben Garner's 4-3-3 is effective against different styles and formations 🤞

Hard to judge after Plymouth had 10 men for most of the match and didn't do the high press when they had 11.

When the window shuts we will see who  have moved on and who has joined and which player's we have held on to despite a bid on the last day of the window.

Have a good day 🙂

• Options
    This team won't get promoted.I reserve judgement until 1 September. No new striker then the same prediction.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Never too early to start this thread, nice to have a positive... B)
    Debatable about the top two, could be on, but can certainly see us getting there via playoffs, as a top 6 finish is there for the taking...yep countdown to promotion is certainly on....👍 
  • Options
    We always get promoted in our third season in a row in L1 while under questionable ownership.

We’ve won the title, the playoffs, this time we’ll finish second.

And then third time lucky on our Championship return we won’t drop to the third tier ever again.
  • Options
    Things look promising but at present that’s it. Foundations are being built and playing style established. I’m hopeful in my heart we can challenge for top six but my head says it’s next season we will be best placed for promotion.
  • Options
    I thought it wouldn't be long after scoring 5, HMS Piss the League leaves port
  • Options
    Whilst I admire your enthusiasm, you're off your fucking head mate!

Charlton have conjoured up more ways to bollocks up our dreams than we have all had hot dinners!
    Maybe time to get the oven on mate... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delete this immediately 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Scoham said:
    We always get promoted in our third season in a row in L1 while under questionable ownership.

We’ve won the title, the playoffs, this time we’ll finish second.

And then third time lucky on our Championship return we won’t drop to the third tier ever again.
    But we don’t have an former player as manager. 40+ years since we got promoted without a former charlton player as manager.
  • Options
    Think we’ve used all our play off luck up, cant ever see us winning another won , so will have to be the automatics and i don’t see us being defensively strong enough for that .
    so no promotion this season , unless we uncover some more gems before the window shuts .
  • Options
    Now you've jinxed it. We know who to blame when we lose this afternoon. 
  • Options
    Someone’s taking the P, that is P for promotion!
  • Options
    Delete
  • Options
    Don’t matter if it doesn’t happen, good to see an antidote to all the doom and gloom. 

I will be boarding the good ship HMS Piss The League although reserve the right to disembark frequently as and when. 
  • Options
    While HMS Piss the League is on its way to choppy waters, anybody want to jump aboard the band wagon?
    I will get it MOTd and pump the tyres up, nick a bit of diesel from the Travellers and off we go!!