Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
Short post-match summary today.

A rampant Charlton looked good from the off, dominating in midfield. Plymouth found it tough to keep possession.

New loanee Jes -Sakyi  provided the direct threat from the right. After 10 minutes his efforts proved fruitful when he swooped in at the far post to tap home from close range.

It wasn’t too long after when Stockley’s effort was kept off the line by a handball in the box. The player was sent off (probably, rather harshly) and Stockley dispatched the penalty to open his scoring tally. With Plymouth down to ten men, Charlton continued to dominate by moving the ball around quickly and making good use of the available space.

Up step Sean Clare with a rocket from 20 yards out. Wow!

3-0 first half.

Thankfully, there really weren’t many things to grumble about. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to keep a clean sheet. On 70 minutes, Plymouth found a small bit of joy on the break to claw one goal back. But Miles Leaburn, a late second half sub, had yet to make his mark, finding the net with a fantastic finish. Lastly, Charlie Kirk’s hard work paid off when he was rewarded with a well-earned goal.

Clayden deserves a special mention for his role at left back, combining well with Kirk.

Charlton 5 Plymouth 1

Comments

• Options
    Clucking bell!
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    FT xG (via Opta)

Charlton 2.68 - 0.51 Plymouth
  • Options
    3 players made that result truly enjoyable.
    Rak, Kirk, Leaburn 

2 were incredibly important.
    Clare, Morgan

The rest did well enough.
  • Options
    Best I've seen us play maybe, ever?!? Amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic result and some of the football was a thing of beauty. Morgan had a stormer and his improvement is like signing a new player 

Nice to see us spank a team with some quality goals
    I’m glad you enjoyed it after wishing Plymouth spanked us.
    I did explain I was angry further down that thread, never want to see Charlton lose
  • Options
    Hate the word, but - Awesome