Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erith & Belvedere - Centenary History

2022 is the centenary of the Deres and long time supporter and club secretary, Brian Spurrell has written an excellent book to mark the occasion.

It is written in chronological order and details each season. It also contains the league tables for every campaign. Further to that, it profiles 100 of the great and the good associated with the Deres. If you remember names like Micky Clay, Keith Gurr, Willie Watson, Tommy Ord, Junior Crooks, Brendan Greatorix, Roger Dent, Dennis Crawford, Gary Cooper, Eric White, Larry O'Connell, Roy Dwight etc. and former Charlton player, Chris Dickson (plus many more) you'll thoroughly enjoy this book.

The book cost £14.99 (£12 plus £2.99 p&p). To order it you need to email Brian via ACoDbook@gmail.com.

Should you order it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I used to commute to London by coach late 80’s / early 90’s and Larry O’Connell was a regular on my coach (he lived in Hartley, near Dartford) - lovely lovely man, and always impeccably turned out - very interesting to talk to, and very unfairly criticised for the draw decision Lewis vs Holyfield fight in 1999, a decision that he stood by resolutely - he passed away 2019
  • Options
    I used to commute to London by coach late 80’s / early 90’s and Larry O’Connell was a regular on my coach (he lived in Hartley, near Dartford) - lovely lovely man, and always impeccably turned out - very interesting to talk to, and very unfairly criticised for the draw decision Lewis vs Holyfield fight in 1999, a decision that he stood by resolutely - he passed away 1999
    I recall he owned an engraving business and supplied the trophies for our cubs team back in the day. Lovely man as I recall too.
  • Options
    Are they still in existence, I thought they’d folded?
  • Options
    We played them last season and they knocked our under 23's out of the London Senior Cup
  • Options
    Are they still in existence, I thought they’d folded?
    Play at park view road when welling are not at home.
    Didn't have their bar open on Saturday, welling v worthing (used to be open at welling home games) which meant no food or drink on that side of the ground and a loss of revenue.
  • Options
    Used to love playing at their ground, such a shame it went 
  • Options
    I seem to remember it was next to Erith railway station or you could see it from the station, is that correct?
  • Options
    Played them in a friendly in around 1980 and, on the back of that game, they talked with me about signing for them. Sadly, someone from my then club correctly told them I was shit 75% of the time and it all came to nowt.
  • Options
    I seem to remember it was next to Erith railway station or you could see it from the station, is that correct?
    Just up from Belvedere station. Used to enjoy my visits there as a nipper
  • Options
    B&Q site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a shame the ground went. Many happy memories of that. Used to get flooded regularly when there was serious wet weather. The water would come up level with the crossbars!
  • Options
    Just ordered this for my dad who’s dad Roy newstead played for them back in the 50s for about 15 seasons
  • Options
    I was called on a few occasions to inspect the pitch as a Southern League match official. Nice club nice people.