Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£8 mill for Thomas!

edited July 2007 in Rumours
This is in today's News of the World:

Derby and Everton are chasing Charlton midfielder Jerome Thomas — but have been rocked by the club’s £8million valuation. England Under-21 international Thomas, 24, who joined relegated Charlton from Arsenal three years ago, is desperate to get back into the Premiership. But Charlton boss Alan Pardew, having already sold Darren Bent to Tottenham for a club record £16.5million, has no need to let other players go on the cheap.

Comments

• He's an absolute bargain at 8 million played a stunner today against the gills.
  • £8m? The best right footed left winger in the league. Worth double that.
  • Exactly, great minds think a like, 8m at xmas then to derby?
  • i'm glad we're notw putting silly valuations on players. Apart from Bent, we always undersell.

We've brought in the money we need to and reduced the wage bill. It would have to be silly bids now that part us with what will be key players in the Championship, and Thomas is one of those.
  • According to the NOTW we're in for Andy Cole from Pompei and Daryl Russell from Stoke.
  • good mind stuff from Pards.... bigging him up.. thats the sort of thing thomas needs....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]good mind stuff from Pards.... bigging him up.. thats the sort of thing thomas needs....
    ...let's just hope it doesn't backfire if the bids don't come in (think "Murphy and the England call-up")...
  • Watford got £9.5 million for Young and asking £5million for Bouazza.

Seems £8million isn't to rediculous valuation on the bloke.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]According to the NOTW we're in for Andy Cole from Pompei and Daryl Russell from Stoke.

Daryl Russell? Didn't he used to play for Norwich?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]According to the NOTW we're in for Andy Cole from Pompei and Daryl Russell from Stoke.

Daryl Russell? Didn't he used to play for Norwich?

D'ya know something, I think he did. London lad, by all accounts.
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember he did a remake of Rebel MC's Street Tuff

'Are you a farmer ?'

'No i'm a Londoner'
  • Jerome is quality if his head is right. Even when playing badly he offers an outlet for the defence and wins free kicks.

I think we will get a good idea of how good a manager Pards is by the way he motivates (or not) the likes of Thomas in the Championship.
  • the fact that Ambrose committed to us immediately after relegation, and that Thomas is in demand, speaks volumes. Keep hold of Thomas he is one of two 'footballing talents' we have left.
  • he even acknowledged the crowd after his goal on saturday...

...changed man
  • Still doesn't beat his man enough for me. Was a far better player two years ago in my opinion.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I remember he did a remake of Rebel MC's Street Tuff

'Are you a farmer ?'

'No i'm a Londoner'

I seem to remember he did a cover version of the old Who song

"Now I'm a Farmer"
  • Derby set to offer Thomsa a 'premiership lifeline' with a £3m bid, according to the Sun.

Can't see it happening to be honest.
  • i love the figures mentioned here , i think we'd accept £2m maybe even £1.5m for him
  • Jason Kumas = £5.3 million, Ashley Young £9.5 million

I wouldn't even be considering a bid for him for a penny less than £5million It's whats right for the club not the player, we don't need to sell, if someone wants him we should only accept a silly money offer like Watford are asking for bouatza
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Jerome is quality if his head is right. Even when playing badly he offers an outlet for the defence and wins free kicks.

I think we will get a good idea of how good a manager Pards is by the way he motivates (or not) the likes of Thomas in the Championship.

Exactly. JT is the Charlton Athletic version of World class on his day when, as Len puts it, he gets his head right.
    What value to us then? Priceless!

But then there are the other days.........
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Jason Kumas = £5.3 million, Ashley Young £9.5 million

I wouldn't even be considering a bid for him for a penny less than £5million It's whats right for the club not the player, we don't need to sell, if someone wants him we should only accept a silly money offer like Watford are asking for bouatza

sums my thoughts up perfectly T.
  • According to today's newspaper it Derby that are interested in getting him for 3 mil.
    1) Why would anyone want to go to Derby, they must be one of the best bets to come down.
    2) CAFC can match the wage if Pards recons hes worth 8 mil.
    3) Must be worth 5 mil, if any Premier league team want him.
    4) We dont need to sell.

Stay in the Championship, play well, get back in PL, SIMPLE
  • welcome 12th man, agree 100%
  • Can't see Thomas wanting to leave London for a team that could well be swapping divisions with us in a years time
  • agree agree agree 12th man im with you all the way
  • According to today's Daily Telegraph, Birmingham are after Thomas as well now.