Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Statbank: Wendies 1-0 Charlton

many thanks to the 43 Lifers who gave marks
interesting that our passing rate is high again but our tackle success is low and our dispossession high, are we a bit lightweight?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Thanks LL. Interesting that five of six goals (both for and against) so far have all come in the last 30 minutes of matches.
  • Options
    Thanks LL. Interesting that five of six goals (both for and against) so far have all come in the last 30 minutes of matches.
    I was looking at some other league 1 results/stats and the amount of games that turned on the substitutions yesterday was remarkable really.   A direct result of the weather or some people mastering the 5 subs quicker? 
  • Options
    Thought Albie was slightly better than Dobbo yesterday...
  • Options
    An interesting conundrum with all the subs is how to rank the contribution of someone who plays well for 70 minutes then is subbed, as opposed to someone who plays the full match, who after playing well for 70 minutes struggles in the last 20 due to tiredness, and being overrun by the opponent's fresh legs. Or the sub who comes on in the last 15 and scores against tired defenders.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    An interesting conundrum with all the subs is how to rank the contribution of someone who plays well for 70 minutes then is subbed, as opposed to someone who plays the full match, who after playing well for 70 minutes struggles in the last 20 due to tiredness, and being overrun by the opponent's fresh legs. Or the sub who comes on in the last 15 and scores against tired defenders.
    Completely agree.  I don't think anyone (yet) has fully appreciated the change that having 5 subs means.  Effectively you can change 1/2 your team meaning you can opt to chage tactics drastically.  Managers who get to grips with recognising this and making optimal changes at the right times will be the most successful.  More and more games will see late goals/drama and having the right impact subs/game plan will become an even more important part of the game.
  • Options
    Norwich did this to us in he FA Cup, the 1st half we had a weaker team against us and we did Ok then after half time Norwich brought on their best players and changed the game.
    From a players marks point of view I pondered this as did the marks for the last game, is it worth putting in a handicap system where the minutes on the pitch affect the mark, my decision was no as it would beomce too complicated and cause me far more work.
    When agreeing to a 20 minute cut off and with upto 5 subs I didn't realise the extra work I would have, but hey ho as long as we get a goalscoring striker who cares :smile:
  • Options
    Norwich did this to us in he FA Cup, the 1st half we had a weaker team against us and we did Ok then after half time Norwich brought on their best players and changed the game.
    From a players marks point of view I pondered this as did the marks for the last game, is it worth putting in a handicap system where the minutes on the pitch affect the mark, my decision was no as it would beomce too complicated and cause me far more work.
    When agreeing to a 20 minute cut off and with upto 5 subs I didn't realise the extra work I would have, but hey ho as long as we get a goalscoring striker who cares :smile:
    It's up to individual markers to adjust their scores accordingly. If they want to!

For example if a player is brilliant for 60 minutes, but is completely knackered by then, I will slightly lower his score to adjust for the fact that he's played far fewer minutes than someone who lasted all or nearly all of the game, having to do lung busting runs in the 89th minute.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I agree with @killerandflash. also too comlicated otherwise.