Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Four years ago…

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
Our first three results four years ago were a draw away at Accrington, a close & agonising defeat away against a promotion rival (the team we eventually beat in the play-off final) and a home win by a single goal.

It’ll be tough to lift the general doom and gloom around the club after the previous 12 months of turgid football and crap results but I see plenty of signs that better times aren’t far away.

There’s a couple of pieces that we still need to add undoubtedly. My philosophy is to get behind the lads, enjoy the new style of play and by the end of the season, you never know how the table might shape up.

Comments

• Well said Callum 
  • Our first three results four years ago were a draw away at Accrington, a close & agonising defeat away against a promotion rival (the team we eventually beat in the play-off final) and a home win by a single goal.

It’ll be tough to lift the general doom and gloom around the club after the previous 12 months of turgid football and crap results but I see plenty of signs that better times aren’t far away.

There’s a couple of pieces that we still need to add undoubtedly. My philosophy is to get behind the lads, enjoy the new style of play and by the end of the season, you never know how the table might shape up.
    And then Josh Cullen turned up..... 

There is loads to be positive about.   Of course we don't know exactly how the table will turn out but until those final pieces are in place pure optomisum is no different to blind hope is it? 
  • More chance of pigs flying
  • That season we had Lyle Taylor. For all my dislike cor him he was miles better than Stockley. Swap the two & we'd have a great team.