Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard, sign a striker.

Stockley - good option and scores goals but isn’t the best fit for the system.

Aneke - crocked 90% of the time, good when he plays but not reliable

Leaburn - promising young player but can’t shoulder the burden of leading the line for an extended period

Stockley isn’t bad enough that we should be looking to offload but if he gets injured, suspended or ill like today, we are going to struggle to put teams away.

We need another option. Sign a striker.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, sign a striker 
  • Options
    Even if Aneke wasn’t a persistent injury problem we’d probably need another striker in the squad. As he is, we definitely do. 
  • Options
    Stockton is our best bet. 
  • Options
    FFS stop giving him ideas for new songs!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Giving Aneke three and a half years is turning out to be quite a bad decision.

When you’re able to have him be an option it’s wonderful but if he’s taking up a portion of the wage bill that could go towards someone else, it’s going to be a millstone around the neck until 2025.
  • Options
    Giving Aneke three and a half years is turning out to be quite a bad decision.

When you’re able to have him be an option it’s wonderful but if he’s not taking up a portion of the wage bill that could go towards someone else, it’s going to be a millstone around the neck until 2025.
    I’m guessing the length of contract was to make up for the lower salary I assume we’re paying compared to what he was on at Birmingham. 
  • Options
    Something not quite right about Stockton. Given the number of goals he scored in a Morcombe team, and the only clubs that have shown an interest are Fleetwood and Shrewsbury there must be a reason for this
  • Options
    I’d take a Josh Parker type signing at this point (actually, Parker is currently a free agent…)
  • Options
    I should think signing a striker is about 11th on Sandgaards to do list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking around the division, I see Marquis scored the winner for Brizzle Rovers, Bishop scored 2 for Pompey (1 from the spot) and Conor Wickham scored for FGR...
  • Options
    Not in the starting lineup or bench today, he’s going somewhere, not sure it’s  the bright lights of SE7?
  • Options
    Get Curbs on the case, he knew how to nick a player under another team's nose.
  • Options
    If we sign Stockton we’ll probably get the every-other-year version of him rather than the 2021/22 version!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can we re-sign wash for 300k?
    Not good enough for us apparently. Will probably go to Wimbledon with Jacko……

Oh wait what’s that, he’s scoring goals in the league above in a team that’s won 4-0 today..?
  • Options
    Something not quite right about Stockton. Given the number of goals he scored in a Morcombe team, and the only clubs that have shown an interest are Fleetwood and Shrewsbury there must be a reason for this
    The fact he's 29 in March and has only really had one good scoring season?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Oh wait what’s that, he’s scoring goals in the league above in a team that’s won 4-0 today..?
    Bonne has scored in the championship though. One goal in a rout doesn't mean he's a success.

Granted we should never have let him go without a replacement already lined up though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Washington would have done jack shit today for us.
  • Options
    Couldn’t be happier Washjngton is gone - watched him for two years and he was the epitome of bang average - all running and no ability. A crap yoyo club like Rotherham signing him does not make him Championship quality, just look at his record whilst playing in the division.
  • Options
    Kin ell if Callum is having a boooo up we must be more wank than I thought 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

No no no no no. Playing this system requires a striker who can beat the offside trap and get behind the defence. He might not be the most prolific of finishers but that's what Washington excelled at.
    I agree, he excelled at not scoring enough goals 
  • Options
    I wasn't washingtons biggest fan, I appreciate he worked hard for the team but when the ball dropped to him in the box, I was never confident that he would score

i was happy to see him go, expecting better. That hasn't happened which seems letting him go, being pretty pointless

• Options
    edited August 2022
    cafcpolo said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

No no no no no. Playing this system requires a striker who can beat the offside trap and get behind the defence. He might not be the most prolific of finishers but that's what Washington excelled at.
    I agree, he excelled at not scoring enough goals&nbsp
    I'd back him to get 10 -15. How many will Leaburn get? And that other striker that doesn't exist?