Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: EFL CARABAO CUP ROUND 1 SOUTH: Charlton 1-1 Q.P.R. (5-3pens)

many thanks to the 64 Lifers who gave marks and to Aliwibble for his reminder to all markers.
One stat that stands out is the high passing percentage, can't remember having seen it so high.

Comments

• Options
    Okay, he's been great, but this MOTM is absolutely ridiculous 
  • Options
    Also, I don't understand your metric of adding 20 minutes for penalties 
  • Options
    A tricky game to mark and give a MOTM to. Wollacott was decent enough, but not in the same way he stood out on Saturday. However I couldn't think of any outfield player who deserved to score higher than him, as it was a collective "decent but not outstanding" team performance.

Henry was the star with his goal, but his overall contributions weren't "MOTM" quality
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Leuth:
    You didn't ,put in a set of marks so either you didn't see the match or you couldn't be bothered to mark which means you should not comment on others marks nor suggest that they are ridiculous.

I did not add 20 mins for penalties, I suggest you read the BBC or Sky commentaries and then you will understand why the final ref's whistle was in the 115th minute after kick off
    I watched the second half and penalties. I don't consider that enough to give a mark. But apart from a good block of a cross and a penalty save, I don't see how JW did more than a number of our players who (allegedly) absolutely ran the show (Dobson, Clare, Payne) 
  • Options
    He saved the penalty that won us the tie. 
    He made a couple  of good saves and was solid for the entire game. Well deserved in my opinion. If MacFlappery had been in goal QPR would be off to Walsall 
  • Options
    Leuth:
    You didn't ,put in a set of marks so either you didn't see the match or you couldn't be bothered to mark which means you should not comment on others marks nor suggest that they are ridiculous.

I did not add 20 mins for penalties, I suggest you read the BBC or Sky commentaries and then you will understand why the final ref's whistle was in the 115th minute after kick off
    Lancs, I just want to understand the 115 minutes. I didn't go to match or listen to the live commentary but did sort of follow on live text. According to the BBC there there were 3 minutes added to the first half and 5 for the second half. also seems penalties took 7 minutes, so even if you those on it's only 105. Just wondering.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    He saved the penalty that won us the tie. 
    He made a couple  of good saves and was solid for the entire game. Well deserved in my opinion. If MacFlappery had been in goal QPR would be off to Walsall 
    QPR fans rated our keeper.
    Good excuse for them losing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redman - yes it was 105 minutes, it must have been the euphoria of winning a cup game that caused me to add 10 more minutes, I have amended the statbank to reflect the correct minutes.
  • Options
    Redman - yes it was 105 minutes, it must have been the euphoria of winning a cup game that caused me to add 10 more minutes, I have amended the statbank to reflect the correct minutes.
    10 minutes extra leaping around. Our record in penalties over the years hasn't been great 
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m struggling why so many had Wollacott as their MoM. 

Personal opinion, but really think Clayden was under marked. I don’t think he was our 9th best performing player. 
    Totally agree - he was my MoM!
  • Options

Personal opinion, but really think Clayden was under marked. I don’t think he was our 9th best performing player. 
    Agree , Wollacott was good but didn't have much to do. Clayden definitely stood out for me and DJ, but each to their own i guess 
  • Options

Clayden’s still seen as an academy player out of position who will/should be replaced. I expect he’d have been marked higher had he been a new signing.

JFC and Gilbey going out of fashion…
  • Options
    Quite a bromance developing between us fans and JoJo. He seems to have a bit of everything and us fans have been starved of that for quite a while, hence his huge appeal and bank credit thus far. Can only inspire the rest of the team to dethrone his MOTM run sometime soon. Good luck to him and a big well done for making such an impression early days (not doors - do not like that expression one iota 😂).
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I would have to agree
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You might wanna get used to it. I’m reckoning he will be MOTM again on Saturday which will be four in a row.

Wonder what the record streak is for consecutive MOTM scores…
  • Options
    Joe did well, no denying - but we are not in the game when Dobbo is off the pitch. 
  • Options
    Joe did well, no denying - but we are not in the game when Dobbo is off the pitch. 
    I don’t think we’d have won a single game without Dobbo last season and I don’t think it will be vastly different this year