Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shevchenko

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
What has happened to him ?

Arguably one of the top 3 strikers in Europe for the last five years, the bloke has literally turned to jelly.

Comments

• I guess they would say adapting to a new team, too old? Mourinho can't get the best out of all his player?
  • Phew - just taken him out of my fantasy team - thought you were going to tell me he scored a hat-trick tonight.
  • I wonder if he can't cope with the extra pace of the English game, there have been some successes where players from Italy have done well (di Canio etc) but there have been a number of high profile failures - Veron springs to mind and maybe Shevchenko.
  • Although there is a strong difference between the Italian and English leagues, you would of thought that a striker would benefit greater here, due to there being more movement and the opportunity to find an extra yard that you are never allowed from Italian defences.

Just my view.
  • Not when you are being man marked I guess not. I haven't seen much of him, but Chelsea don't look to be as strong this year as last, at least so far, that has to be a factor as well. The team has been unsettled, Lampard is struggling, Duff has gone etc.
  • they have had a few changes, but i wouldn't say they are weaker this year.

A 'good' striker should still score a lot of goals in that team.
  • Ade Akinbiyi??
  • A 'good' striker should still score a lot of goals in that team.

And Drogba is getting them...Chelsea do have a new look midfield this year and are settling down, I wouldn't write Shevchenko off just yet, just like Dowie he needs time to find his place.