Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beth Mead

2»

Comments

• Options
    my apologies. (mixed up my Daves)  But yeah you own it. you come across great
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    I haven't seen any stats, but I'd wager that the proportion of lesbians in women's football is greater than the level in the general population.

Football is still a 'boyish' thing.  That may change.
    Agreed, and the same happens in other sports too, e.g. tennis, where there is a long list of gay female players, many some of the greatest players ever (Billie Jean King, Martina Navratilova) but a tiny number of gay male players. And that's with tennis being a much more "middle class" sport and a non contact sport mainly played as an individual game, so far easier to be open.
  • Options
    wow.. like fuck me... fucking WOW
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    cfgs said:
    I think Gwinn of Germany is a talented young lady.
    the number 15 right? 
    The beautiful blonde with the long plait. Not that I was looking, mind. 
  • Options
    Player of the tournament who also scored the most goals.

I hope she deals with the extended fame and uses it as a positive advantage. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I think Gwinn of Germany is a talented young lady.
    the number 15 right? 
    Look elsewhere I saw her first.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    I haven't seen any stats, but I'd wager that the proportion of lesbians in women's football is greater than the level in the general population.

Football is still a 'boyish' thing.  That may change.
    dude... i get that you're single, but ffs reign it in a bit please, its coming off as desperate and embarrassing.
    Not sure what the issue with the post is, or the relevance of the poster marital status?
  • Options
    I think you are totally misreading what he is saying here.

The womens game is evolving hugely now and this win will speed that up. More girls play football, more girls can access it, and the ‘boyish’ tag is probably nigh on gone now. It’s mainstream for young girls. A world away from growing up in the 80s even.

Personally I couldn’t give a shit if the whole team were gay - they have won a major tournament and it’s matters not a jot.

I actually think it’s pretty cool how many pros in the womens game are comfortable coming out - and the sport as a whole feels inclusive and welcoming on a number of fronts.

And if somebody said to me that the womens game has a higher proportion of gay players than society? At the moment statistically that would be true - factually it’s not an issue for me and I don’t see why anybody has to fight it. 

It’s actually a fact that makes it such a powerful platform for LGBT equality 
  • Options
    I think you are totally misreading what he is saying here.

The womens game is evolving hugely now and this win will speed that up. More girls play football, more girls can access it, and the ‘boyish’ tag is probably nigh on gone now. It’s mainstream for young girls. A world away from growing up in the 80s even.

Personally I couldn’t give a shit if the whole team were gay - they have won a major tournament and it’s matters not a jot.

I actually think it’s pretty cool how many pros in the womens game are comfortable coming out - and the sport as a whole feels inclusive and welcoming on a number of fronts.

And if somebody said to me that the womens game has a higher proportion of gay players than society? At the moment statistically that would be true - factually it’s not an issue for me and I don’t see why anybody has to fight it. 

It’s actually a fact that makes it such a powerful platform for LGBT equality 

Yeh it's great.

I highly doubt anyone actually has a genuine problem with it or are questioning it somehow.

If they do, then they are completely thick.

Some things can get taken out of context in a written format. It's not always a clear form of communication.

I don't know why people would care or why they would see it as a bad thing. It's good when people believe in themselves and they feel free to fully express who they truly are. 

No need to feel ashamed. No need to mock other people. 
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with fancying players in my book, women fancy male players. It is all part of the equality of it all. Ultimately, above all we need to respect their ability as footballers of course and not undermine it or attempt to. Don't tell the wife but Russo is a stunning player in every way for me.

In terms of Mead, you have to admire how she has reacted to missing out on the Olympic team. She did that in the right way. What is so good about her is she is often the player that gets the first goal. Sometimes you need that for the second, third or fourth to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you want a worldie, have a look at Beth's ex-girlfriend Daniëlle van de Donk.
    If only you was as easily impressed with the England mens team!
  • Options
    If I had to make a choice to either watch an England Womens Iinternational match or an England Mens International, I would chose the Womens right now. Far more entertaining and far less boring.
  • Options
    I think the women have a great manager and the men a so so one too.
  • Options
    Think some on here been watching this womens football with a box of tissues next to them. Perverts 😁
  • Options
    I think the women have a great manager and the men a so so one too.
    I dont think he qualifies as "so so" mate.
    Bloke is a choker and has cost us 2 trophies so far 
  • Options
    Did you notice how players that did not get in the side celebrated with he?. Our men's manager is loyal to players when there are better options. Indded he is a choker which I agree has cost us a final and a trophy at least. There is something special about Wiegman. You can't see the day to day detail, but you can see how she carries herself. I am in awe. I doubt the word excuse is in her vocabulary. She just does it with no fuss.