Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    We needed a 3rd coach, so good luck to Anthony H****
  • Options
    Surprised... As less than a year ago he was saying about wanting to stay with the Youth teams for now.

Appears to be an excellent coach though... Did form dip when he left the First Team?
  • Options
    I'm delighted with this 🙌 
  • Options
    Well done Anthony. Not the most flattering photo though!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/anthony-hayes-departs-club

Charlton Athletic can confirm that Anthony Hayes has left the club.

Hayes joined the Addicks' academy in 2016 and was named Lead Coach of the U23s in 2021, before being promoted to the men’s first-team coaching staff in the summer of 2022. 

He was the club’s Caretaker Manager for three games in late 2022 and most recently assisted Jason Pearce when he took charge of two matches ahead of the appointment of Head Coach Michael Appleton.

Hayes said: “Charlton is a special place with great people and a proud pathway that can and should never be taken for granted. I’ll look back at my time with the club fondly and with immense pride. I want to wish the club, Michael and all of his staff, the players and the supporters all the very best for this season and beyond.”

Everyone at the club would like to thank Anthony for his seven years of service and wish him well for the future.

• Options
    Paves the way for Appleton's second member of staff to come on board I expect. 

Shame he can't go back to the Academy, seems really well liked by a lot of the youth
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Paves the way for Appleton's second member of staff to come on board I expect. 

Shame he can't go back to the Academy, seems really well liked by a lot of the youth
    He possibly didn't want to go back to the Academy.
    A bit awkward to move from first team to Academy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a decent bloke. Hope he has got something else lined up. 
  • Options
    His credentials to move into another Academy at a higher level are good and I hope opportunities turn up for him.

It is a risk moving from academy  or the development squads to the first team which both Euell and Pearce have declined while getting experience. For Euell it has turned out well as he moved on to be Nigel Pearsons no.2 at Bristol City.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    While I appreciate the attempt to keep the Anthony Hayes discussion to one thread @callumcafc, it's probably best if we use the new one, as the title to this one is rather misleading now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!