Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer window survey (on eve of new season)

On the eve of the new season, I am interested in our fan base’s opinions on this season’s transfer dealings so far, using three simple questions. I will collate averages/responses by the end of this weekend:

1) How do you rate out of 10 our transfer business ahead of the 2022/23 season to date?

2) Which of our summer signings do you think will have the most impact this season (judged by average player performance marks)?

3) Which of our summer signings are you most excited to seeing play in a CAFC shirt, regardless of how their performances pan out?

My responses by way of example are:

1. 6.5/10
2. McGrandles
2. Payne

Comments

• 1) using the much quoted Chinese reply .. it's too early to tell
    2)O'Connell
    3)Mandela Egbo .. when he's fit
  • (1) - 7/10... We do need more depth in areas
    (2) and (3) - Conor McGrandles... I wont be surprised if he's under-rated at times, but looks very tidy
  • edited July 2022
    1. 5 - you can't write a player off before seeing them play, you can't decide they're top quality player signings either. The only thing about the window is, it's been coherent, and unfinished.so straight down the middle it is.

2. Mcgrandles
    3. Egbo 
  • 1. 7.5 - could easily push to an 8 or 9 in the next few weeks
    2. O'Connell
    3. Payne
  • Utter guesswork of course but based on gut instinct:

1. 6/10  We need to shunt a couple and sign at least one quality striker and a left sided defender. Not convinced any of this will happen.

2.  O'Connell and McGrandles.

3. Payne
  • As others have said in some ways this is too early,,but as a bit of fun.

1. 6
    2.. Mcgrandles.Shades of Kinsella ?
    3 Payne. 
  • 1. 5/10 - the summer preceding the SCP title season is the benchmark for all promotion campaigns. This summer has been a long way short of that.
    2. Hoping O'Connell will be in the Michael Morrison mould - centre-backs the last couple of years have looked like an accident waiting to happen.
    2. Payne
    2 O'Connell
    3 O'Connell 
  • 1. 6.5
    2. Payne
    3. Payne

JRS, Tyreece Simpson and a first choice (left footed) number 3….& we’re ready to compete for a top 6 finish.
  • edited July 2022
    1. 7/10: 3 more needed in the right areas for me.
    2. McGrandles: Wanted us to sign him for a few years, the sort of midfielder we've been missing since Cullen.
    3. Out of the summer signings so far Payne is probably the most exciting on paper. I'm actually look forward to seeing more of Fraser now he's had a full pre season behind him though.

• Sponsored links:

• 1.   5 - the lack of signing a striker before start of season (if at all) is a big error

2.   Probably McGrandles

3.   Payne, if he repeats his form from last season.

• Payne 
    Payne 
    McGrandles
    McGrandles/Egbo
    sarr
    taylor

• RESULTS & thanks to all those that submitted:

1. 6.12
    2. McGrandles
    3. Payne