Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monkeypox

Declared a public health emergency of international concern by the World Health Organization.

16,000+ worldwide cases in over 50 countries/territories.

Comments

• Options
    apologies for turning a thread about monkeypox into one about crocs...

back to doomsday...
  • Options
    Crocs are criminal, so much so that they are now on trend. My daughters leaving prom a few weeks ago saw several lads fully suited with bright crocs and white socks complementing the outfits.

My daughter said "its cool, people wear what they want nowadays, no-one judges".

Well I f***ing do! 
    A no no in any circumstances, other than sport?
  • Options
    If kids always conformed to the fashions and clothing rules of there forebears then things would be very boring. Long May the kids wear what they like and change the rules as they see fit. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Should I be worried?

Yes. You wear crocs.

That should warrant the death penalty
    Death penalty is harsh - I think feet sawn off from the ankles is a more appropriate punishment in this instance.  But if you feel it has to be the death penalty, then so be it.  I can arrange for a very reasonable price. It would actually be nice to be paid for a line of work that I enjoy….it’s just a shame I only manage to carry it out 2 or 3 times a year. 
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:
    Heard it's mainly transmitted via sexual activity so I'm taking the precaution of getting married.
    Not sexual activity per se. Very close contact is how it’s spreading. Mainly at this point among homosexual men where this current outbreak first established. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Transmission of Monkeypox taken from Government website

Monkeypox does not spread easily between people.

Spread of monkeypox may occur when a person comes into close contact with an infected animal (rodents are believed to be the primary animal reservoir for transmission to humans), human, or materials contaminated with the virus. Monkeypox has not been detected in animals in the UK.

The virus enters the body through broken skin (even if not visible), the respiratory tract, or the mucous membranes (eyes, nose, or mouth).

Person-to-person spread is uncommon, but may occur through:

• contact with clothing or linens (such as bedding or towels) used by an infected person
    • direct contact with monkeypox skin lesions or scabs
    • coughing or sneezing of an individual with a monkeypox rash
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/monkeypox#transmission
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:
    Heard it's mainly transmitted via sexual activity so I'm taking the precaution of getting married.
    If your getting married perhaps you should change your name?
    Ha, it was always a moniker steeped in irony so I'm all good (in a way).
  • Options
    If kids always conformed to the fashions and clothing rules of there forebears then things would be very boring. Long May the kids wear what they like and change the rules as they see fit. 
    Right on, man.

PS Crocs are still merde.