Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyson Fury Loves Morecambe ((:>)

Has he really retired ?
Anyway this season he is sponsoring Morecambe FC .. Gypsy King Shorts, not shirts  

Tyson Fury: Retired heavyweight champion to sponsor Morecambe's shorts - BBC Sport

Comments

• Options

World heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury says he could invest millions into hometown club Morecambe after being offered the chance to buy them.

The Shrimps are up for sale after owners Jason Whittingham and Colin Goldring stepped down from the board.

The pair also owned rugby union side Worcester Warriors, which went into administration on 5 October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63331456

• Options
    Good publicity, but I'd be very shocked if anything came of this. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Shocked? Really? Is anyone shocked by anything these days?
  • Options
    Can't wait for the new "League Chairman Box Off" TV program on C5 now.

TS v TF  what a bout!
  • Options
    would not surprise me if he (providing the takeover) selected himself as a striker .. be unbeatable at headers in the box .. 
  • Options
    clive said:

World heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury says he could invest millions into hometown club Morecambe after being offered the chance to buy them.

The Shrimps are up for sale after owners Jason Whittingham and Colin Goldring stepped down from the board.

The pair also owned rugby union side Worcester Warriors, which went into administration on 5 October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63331456

could be a BOGOF deal in the offing
  • Options
    Tyson absolutely loves Morecambe as a town. For all the millions he has earned, he still chooses to live there and will openly talk about it as a place he’s proud to call home.

When we played them last year, I actually saw him and his family on an open top bus heading to do a press conference for his brother at the big hotel on the seafront. A couple of people I spoke to said he is quite often seen wandering around the shops and the promenade and always willing to give up his time for the locals.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    shine166 said:
    Yes…..I was shocked when Kirk, somehow out of the blue, had a pretty decent game against Pompey.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    £50 for upbeats from me if he parts with money and buys them, but imo he won't as he lied about donating millions to charity after the Wilder (?) fight for good publicity. Personally I see no difference in this. 

Be great for the club if he did though.