Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Uwe Seeler RIP

Former Germany striker Uwe Seeler, one of the greatest players in his country's footballing history, has died aged 85.

Seeler scored 43 goals in 72 games for the then-West Germany and featured at four World Cups.

He spent his entire club career at Hamburg, from 1954 to 1972, scoring 490 goals in 580 appearances.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62258328
Uwe Seeler and Bobby Moore
Uwe Seeler, left, was captain of the West Germany side that lost to England in the 1966 World Cup final

Comments

• RIP great player for West Germany as they were known when he played.
  • I’ve still not got over his goal against us at Mexico 1970 RIP
  • No doubt one of the German greats. RIP
  • Bilko said:
    I’ve still not got over his goal against us at Mexico 1970 RIP

Likewise - I can still see in my mind that back header looping over Bonetti!

Great player.

RIP
  • Bilko said:
    I’ve still not got over his goal against us at Mexico 1970 RIP
    I remember that for Bonetti being in goal instead of Banks

RIP 
  • zerreißen
  • Footballing great from my early years watching the game. RIP
  • Some player and some record that. 

RIP Uwe. 
  • 3 of our 1966 world cup winning 11 still survive. I wonder how many West Germans remain?
  • He was a good striker for West Germany for sure. 

RIP  
  • Sponsored links:

• Legendary player. RIP
  • A truly great player. 
  • Very sad indeed great player for the Germans. RIP.
  • So him play in an exhibition match in Germany, Munster, when I was a young squaddie, he swelled the crowd, not only Germans but many Brit Squaddies as well. 
  • Pocket dynamo with a remarkable scoring record .. one of the best ever international striking partnerships with Gerd Muller .. broke our hearts in Mexico '70 ..  R I P
  • Sad news and condolencescto family friends and German football fans. One of the grests from a golden era of football. 
  • RIP Uwe. 
  • Great player for Germany. RIP
  • A player and man much loved by the whole German football community, irrespective of club rivalries. 

HSV won't be the same without him....he was a very loyal supporter as well as the greatest ever HSV player. 
  • One of Germany's greatest players. RIP