Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Water Filter

Just bought a water filter/jug (Phox) a bit disappointed.I thought the water would taste better that tap water but it does not.Its not too bad when cold from the fridge,but the water taste like chalk.I have tried it several
times but it still the same.Was going to send it back but I cant as its been used.I will have use the water for boiling a kettle.An one had the same problem.I know tap water varies in different parts of the country,but will use
 the tap water from now on.

Comments

• Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Just bought a water filter/jug (Phox) a bit disappointed.I thought the water would taste better that tap water but it does not.Its not too bad when cold from the fridge,but the water taste like chalk.I have tried it several
    times but it still the same.Was going to send it back but I cant as its been used.I will have use the water for boiling a kettle.An one had the same problem.I know tap water varies in different parts of the country,but will use
     the tap water from now on.
    Did you do any research and look at any reviews before buying ?
  • Options
    Yes the reports were good.Perhaps they only put the good ones on line
  • Options
    I used to have a Britta filter. My experience seems much like yours Derek, except that I liked the taste of the water as it came out of the tap anyway. Got the distinct impression that I might as well have spent my money on a bottle of snake oil. Tap water in the UK is perfectly safe to drink. I think it's just marketing bods preying on people's fears.
  • Options
    Put some ribena in it
  • Options
    Some people just don’t like the taste of water and struggle to drink it without adding a flavouring. I suspect most people looking at filtering systems are not happy with the taste of water. I prefer tap water to any filtered or bottled waters I’ve tried. 
  • Options
    These days when one has to watch their pennies it seem a waste of £40.
  • Options
    I think bottle water is ok its better than tap water where I am.(sittingbournre)
  • Options
    I should have asked all you charlton fans before I bought it.
  • Options
    I like a drop or two of lemon juice if the tap water isn't great
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Stig said:
    I used to have a Britta filter. My experience seems much like yours Derek, except that I liked the taste of the water as it came out of the tap anyway. Got the distinct impression that I might as well have spent my money on a bottle of snake oil. Tap water in the UK is perfectly safe to drink. I think it's just marketing bods preying on people's fears.
    Completely this in my opinion. People buying a product they can get for almost free out of their taps is one of the greatest triumphs (and drawbacks) of capitalism in my opinion.

The irony of course being that the contents of tap water has much stricter regulation on it than what you can buy in bottled water!

The house I moved into had one of those built in taps that have a cylinder that the water passes through before it comes out the tap. I think it's pretty good, but then I'm not a water connoisseur. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Stig said:
    Completely this in my opinion. People buying a product they can get for almost free out of their taps is one of the greatest triumphs (and drawbacks) of capitalism in my opinion.

The irony of course being that the contents of tap water has much stricter regulation on it than what you can buy in bottled water!

The house I moved into had one of those built in taps that have a cylinder that the water passes through before it comes out the tap. I think it's pretty good, but then I'm not a water connoisseur. 
    Same here. In the house we recently bought we have a Doulton ceramic water filter “candle” under the kitchen sink connected to a separate drinking tap. Supposedly filters out 99%+ of the impurities in the water. Tests good. Have to change out the filter every 6 months or so.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Stig said:

Same here. In the house we recently bought we have a Doulton ceramic water filter “candle” under the kitchen sink connected to a separate drinking tap. Supposedly filters out 99%+ of the impurities in the water. Tests good. Have to change out the filter every 6 months or so.
    What impurities are there In your tap water?
  • Options
    And don’t get me started on bottled water. 

Evian backwards is Naïve