Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Air con! - Anyone have at home/recommendations for installers?

Looking too hear of anyone who has it at home and any recommended installers. Too late for this heatwave but no doubt they'll be others and working from home in a Sauna is not ideal!

Comments

• Options
    We bought a ‘portable’ air con unit for the bedroom which cost about £250 before delivery/warranty. 

Keep in mind that it does take a bit of fiddling about to get them operating. There is a big tube that needs to go out the window/out a door to suck the hot air out of the room. 

Quite often it means also needing to set up a seal that covers the length of the door/window. 

But once that’s all done, then it works quite well - as long as you can put up with the noise.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    We bought a ‘portable’ air con unit for the bedroom which cost about £250 before delivery/warranty. 

Keep in mind that it does take a bit of fiddling about to get them operating. There is a big tube that needs to go out the window/out a door to suck the hot air out of the room. 

Quite often it means also needing to set up a seal that covers the length of the door/window. 

But once that’s all done, then it works quite well - as long as you can put up with the noise.
    Thanks, I'm probably going to go with a permanent install as our upstairs gets very hot (5 beds and a study).
  • Options
    Our living room is uninhabitable when it's sunny so looking to get similar as well.

Came across www.boxt.com that seems very easy to use but it came in at over £2k and no idea if that's a rip off or not so have held off for the moment. 
  • Options
    Have a portable unit in the front room with the hose stuck out the window. Window not sealed, but trust me it's better than having a load of fans blowing. Noticeably different.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Our living room is uninhabitable when it's sunny so looking to get similar as well.

Came across www.boxt.com that seems very easy to use but it came in at over £2k and no idea if that's a rip off or not so have held off for the moment. 
    I saw them and did a quote yesterday, but for some reason couldn't do more than one room, seemed steep to me and I reckon they just palm out (with mark up) to a local installer anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    What about our old sponsor, Andrews - they did Aircon I think and are Charlton fans.  Win win.

Having said that, we used the lot below who did a decent job, were quick and not too expensive.  It was before the summer and on a loft extension whilst it was being built.  They were recommended to me by a friend who used them too.

• Options
    Speak with Jack from Jack Frost AC Ltd. 07910 217517. Jacks a top bloke and their work is proper. 
  • Options
    Thanks all, I did consider Andrews but appear to be commercial only.
  • Options
    Speak with Jack from Jack Frost AC Ltd. 07910 217517. Jacks a top bloke and their work is proper. 
    Ive used Jack before, I agree with this
  • Options
    Ive used Jack before, I agree with this
    I dropped him an email and he replied within 4 minutes so he's winning on the service front so far!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incredible name for the business. I'd use him for that alone.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Incredible name for the business. I'd use him for that alone.
    Clearly a youngster!

He'll be coming around to quote,