Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home Insurance cover question

Or rather..garden items insurance. In the UK can you get it? Some idiot stole our beloved robot lawn mower while we were on hols (he has to be an idiot because he didnt steal the docking station), I am expecting the answer from my insurers that garden stuff isn't insured unless it was stolen from a locked shed. My Swedish mate was over this weekend and said its the same story there - people get expensive BBQs nicked from the terrace and find it's not covered. Just curious whether in the garden-heavy UK there is some cover for an extra premium?

Comments

• Options
    My Aviva Policy covers £3000 for garden stuff as long as "within my boundaries". Of course normal excesses apply.
  • Options
    Umm, just checked mine. Seems to be up to £5k BUT only for stuff kept in a secure outbuilding.
  • Options
    Depends on the policy, the budget end almost certainly won't. Mine has £25k for items in the garden (that are meant to be left in the garden)...... but before you ask, no I don't have anywhere near that amount!
  • Options
    My Aviva Policy covers £3000 for garden stuff as long as "within my boundaries". Of course normal excesses apply.
    I could very much work with that figure.

@Rob7Lee which company are you with? 

And anyone else who does have cover, please name your provider.
  • Options

Covea, Executive Home.

https://www.coveainsurance.co.uk/media/3334/executive-home-policy-wording-refresh.pdf
  • Options
    Perhaps the robot went off on a secret mission with plans to the Death Star?
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Just check if you get a quote from Aviva all the "levels" offered . I chose "Aviva Premium" but there were other options and you need to just check the small print on each level. Must say I was impressed with cover and cost. I checked lots of Companies too.