Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Barratt RIP

edited July 2022 in Not Sports Related
Michael Barratt, the former host of current affairs programme Nationwide, has died aged 94.
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/michael-barratt-dead-nationwide-newsupdate/

Comments

• Options
    Blimey he had a good innings. Remember Nationwide well.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    You have to be a certain Vintage to remember Michael Barratt. Getting to 94 is good longevity and just when you think you have cracked It on your way to the Century you get ran out in the nervous 90's. Good innings and I remember Nationwide also with Bob Wellings.

RIP Michael Barratt 
  • Options
    And Sue Lawley (75).

RIP Michael.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I loved Nationwide -  only "news" I watched as a kid. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP. A good knock.
  • Options
    RIP.  I can hear the theme tune in my head now.
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    Part of my growing up. RIP Michael.
  • Options
    RIP Michael,  my dad would religiously watch nationwide every evening. One of those people/programmes I feel like I grew up with
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember Nationwide well. RIP Michael.
  • Options
    One of my regular watches on a midweek evening. There was a great skit involving Michael Barrett (can't remember which comedy show it was on) where he introduced Nationwide with the headline about World War 3 starting, but despite that Nationwide they were going to talk to a gardener in Surbiton about his carrots (or something)....satire at its best! RIP
  • Options
    RIP Michael
  • Options
    Michael Barratt also the birth name of Shakin Stevens.  He's still going at 74, I checked 
  • Options
    Echo many others, those of us of a certain vintage grew up with Michael Barratt and Nationwide - almost part of the furniture. Hope he enjoyed his longevity and may he RIP.   
  • Options
    gruff Michael .. R I P
  • Options
    Wasn't Nationwide the programme where Mrs Thatcher got brow beaten over the sinking of the Belgrano ?