Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roof Top Bars

Have friends going to Adele this weekend at Hyde Park and have been asked about any decent roof top/ cool bars around that area during the day pre gig. 

I’ve been out of London 6 years so out of touch.

Cheers 

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Don't know about roof top bars, but around Borough you have at least 4 pubs that you can drink outside.
    The Old Thameside Inn, The Mudlark, The George, St Christopher's Inn.
    Then Jubilee Line from Southwark to Green Park.
  • Options
    Top of Carnaby Street on Great Marlbrough Street is The Courthouse which has a roof top bar.  No idea if it is cool but it is a sun trap on a nice day. 
  • Options
    Don't know about roof top bars, but around Borough you have at least 4 pubs that you can drink outside.
    The Old Thameside Inn, The Mudlark, The George, St Christopher's Inn.
    And you can say  Hi to Dick Van Dyke!
  • Options
    The Coq D'Argent is pretty good, but it's in the City not up West. (No 1 Poultry)
  • Options
    Top of Carnaby Street on Great Marlbrough Street is The Courthouse which has a roof top bar.  No idea if it is cool but it is a sun trap on a nice day. 
    Cant think of any on bayswater road but round the corner from the one above is aqua on argyll street.

Selfridges would be ideal location wise but not sure if you can just have a drink up there or if you have to have a meal. A bit more east of hyde park and you've got one in the trafalgar hotel on spring gardens and also radio rooftop on aldwych but would probably need to be booked.
  • Options
    Watched the Jubilee fly past on the roof terrace at The Trafalgar St James . Very nice but bit short notice to be booking for this weekend. 

I only know City one. There is a fancy new one at Monument, Wagtail. Then Central line across. One at St Paul’s in the newish hotel which name escapes me. Madison at One New Change. Tho last time I went in there we left after one drink as i couldn’t hear my friend.. it was 1pm on a Saturday. It was a rave. Im an old deaf lady. 
  • Options
    Aqua and Treehouse both by Oxford Circus. There’s pergola on the roof near Paddington as well
  • Options
    Bar Elba by Waterloo is very good if they let you in! 
  • Options
    Another shout for Pergola and Bar Elba.

The new one in the City, Wagtail, is worth a visit for anyone who's up that way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You've got Willows on John Lewis Oxford Street which is supposed to be nice.

And Aqua on Regents Street.
  • Options
    Thanks people 
  • Options
    ME Hotel, very good. Trafalgar Hotel, will need to book...
  • Options
    Not much use to you in Hyde Park but Antic have just opened a roof top bar in Catford. 

https://fairytopgardenzoo.com

• Options
    Catford looks good :)
  • Options

• Options
    Wise words.
  • Options
    Not a rooftop bar, but I was looking into local bars pre-Stones on Saturday and found this outside bar which is pretty cool (and 'secret'): https://www.mr-foggs.com/secret-garden/

A couple mins walk from green park and you can walk to hyde park from there.

Ended up not going as train strike meant we were later up town than planned.  Went to this pub near marble arch instead, which whilst outside, is on the street, so not much to write home about, but good atmosphere: http://thecarpentersarmspub.co.uk/
  • Options
    I saw the Rolling stones last week there.  Would recommend that they get off at Green park and head to the Shephard market area, plenty of bars and pubs to choose from there and about 10 minute walk to Hyde Park.  The nicest bars are the hotel ones in the area if its £30 cocktails they want... Otherwise the White Horse wine bar looked quite smart when i walked past.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    BalladMan said:
    Not a rooftop bar, but I was looking into local bars pre-Stones on Saturday and found this outside bar which is pretty cool (and 'secret'): https://www.mr-foggs.com/secret-garden/

A couple mins walk from green park and you can walk to hyde park from there.

Ended up not going as train strike meant we were later up town than planned.  Went to this pub near marble arch instead, which whilst outside, is on the street, so not much to write home about, but good atmosphere: http://thecarpentersarmspub.co.uk/
    I went to Foggs in Covent Garden a month ago. The cocktails are good, but come at a premium. I done £170 in an hour for three of us. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Bar Elba by Waterloo is very good if they let you in! 
    Went there a few months back, half the group in no problem, the other half struggled to get in. Did eventually after much protesting and it wasn't even close to half capacity.
  • Options
    I hated Bar Elba. London Bridge rooftop is also one to be avoided. Madison is a bit fancy but probably the best one in London as it’s not just some disused old office building without a lift.
  • Options
    Oh dear, I thought this was about roofboxes………..
  • Options
    Don't get the Halfords ones, they do a job but the whistling drives you mad.
  • Options

And I didn’t read all the posts….
  • Options
    Let's hijack it. 

The best ones I have tested were these bad boys. Thule wing bars

• Options
    Ham yard hotel roof bar is fantastic