Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours of Unpaid Rent

Unsubstantiated at this point, but a good bloke, never known him to be a fabricator.

Comments

• Options
    Can’t say it’s not true but does seem to be a new rumour on twitter each week that is negative to TS 
  • Options
    Some saying it’s linked to the training ground works with an agreement between TS and RD. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Maybe the bloke doesn't realise that commercial rents are generally paid quarterly?
    Exactly the quarter days are 25 March (Lady Day*), 24 June (Midsummer Day), 29 September (Michaelmas) and 25 December (you know what this is).  So the rent wouldn't have been paid for three months.

* Used to be called Woman Day but Thomas insisted it was changed.

The 25 December thing is why so many retail outfits go bust just before Christmas when trading hasn't been as good as expected and they can't afford the rent.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So thats suggesting that Thomas didnt pay in March then
  • Options
    Sandy's spent the money on players and a custom made Fender Stratocaster 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Maybe Thomas has a newfound taste for bread and bitc*s?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    That @GlennSoutham is a right tool.
    I like him, gave me a promote once when he was 9 sheets to the wind 😉
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Twitter really is a cesspit of tin hat wearing, conspiracy theorising people who are determined to spread misery to all who will read and listen.
    There are good and bad platforms on all forms of social media which includes football forums 
  • Options
    Oh no, we're doomed. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    cafcfan said:
    Off_it said:
    Maybe the bloke doesn't realise that commercial rents are generally paid quarterly?
    Exactly the quarter days are 25 March (Lady Day*), 24 June (Midsummer Day), 29 September (Michaelmas) and 25 December (you know what this is).  So the rent wouldn't have been paid for three months.

* Used to be called Woman Day but Thomas insisted it was changed.

The 25 December thing is why so many retail outfits go bust just before Christmas when trading hasn't been as good as expected and they can't afford the rent.
    Is this a thing ?  Never knew that. Woupd live to know why. Anyone know the history behind it.

As they say....every day is a school day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Twitter really is a cesspit of tin hat wearing, conspiracy theorising people who are determined to spread misery to all who will read and listen.
    Couldn't have said it better myself
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Scoham said:

By his own admission, he has no idea why. He’s heard half a story and has shared to try and imply TS is skint or that there’s something else going on. I’ve been fairly critical of TS at times but this is a bit over the top. 
    I thought he said he does know, but he can't share atm until it's been backed up
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:

By his own admission, he has no idea why. He’s heard half a story and has shared to try and imply TS is skint or that there’s something else going on. I’ve been fairly critical of TS at times but this is a bit over the top. 
    I thought he said he does know, but he can't share atm until it's been backed up
    Doesn't seem so.
  • Options
    Forget the rent story, are we still signing Marquis?
  • Options
    Forget the rent story, are we still signing Marquis?
    It'll be on Twitter that Marquis is part of our negotiations to buy SL from Duchatalet.