Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jojo Wollacott - out with a broken finger (p12)

Comments

• Options
    you give it 3 games and that kick will rebound off the back of Inniss’s head and in to the back of our net.

Hahaha funny but more than likely to happen
  • Options
    I hear he has a hard punch, which may be good for a GK, but not for a midfielder, which is where I need him to play unless I'm to made to look silly with my earlier prediction. At least I was right with the 1 in! 😉

Welcome to the madhouse Jojo 👍 This seasons gonna be one hell'ava a voyage on the good ship CAFC.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    A signing I was half expecting, a modern day goalkeeper that can play a bit and be a sweeper. Macca doesn’t fit the way we will play so Exocet him to leave. Was hoping AMB would be our number 1 , still have hopes he will impress in pre-season,
    League Two keeper of the year will do for me though, young and has signed a long term contract. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I think AMB will be given a chance too, what with the WC. Competition. Stake your claim.
    Will BOTH of them be at the World Cup though?
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    A signing I was half expecting, a modern day goalkeeper that can play a bit and be a sweeper. Macca doesn’t fit the way we will play so Exocet him to leave. Was hoping AMB would be our number 1 , still have hopes he will impress in pre-season,
    League Two keeper of the year will do for me though, young and has signed a long term contract. 
    The contract length of our signings recently are very encouraging imo. Looking beyond next season and if a club wants to buy anyone they need to pay a decent price
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Blindly, if you had a choice.  Would you take the league 2 team of the year or the team that finished 8th in league 1's POTY?  For the same position.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Blindly, if you had a choice.  Would you take the league 2 team of the year or the team that finished 8th in league 1's POTY?  For the same position.

I would take the league 2 team without doubt
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I think AMB will be given a chance too, what with the WC. Competition. Stake your claim.
    Id be surprised. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022

Yes Yes oh no , that’s Wonnacot

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

I would take the league 2 team without doubt
    I wouldn't take any league 2 player over Cameron Brannagan, would you?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We'd probably be allowed to make an emergency loan signing if that happens
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    CH4RLTON said:

Yes Yes oh no , that’s Wonnacot

Dont want him....all those balls have gone past him!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Blindly, the league 2 team of the year! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Ahem ...

... Peter Clarke?

Let this League 2 'Team of the season' be a benchmark.

Also, didn't Swindon get relegated from League 1 quite recently?

And we stole DJ and Matt Smith from that squad.
  • Options
    Perhaps Garner built a team at Swindon with the view to being good enough to hold their own in div 1with addition of a couple of quality signing, looks to me he has engineered a reverse take over. 
  • Options
    This looks a good signing however is anyone else a little uneasy about the Swindon connection and how far it will go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I heard we're unveiling Kerry Mucklowe as fan liaison officer tomorrow
    And Willie Carson as CEO
    Now he definitely fails the height test.
  • Options
    Is there a buy one get one free offer at Swindon 😂
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Ahem ...

... Peter Clarke?

Exactly, the example was MacKeeper was 8th placed league 1 clubs player of the year when we signed him.......

But if we signed Cameron Brannagan who is his replacement everyone would be happy.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t be happy if we signed Cameron Brannagan and played him in goal.
  • Options
    Fantastic signing. A good, international goalkeeper. He will be in goal for Ghana in November.
    That'll be good when we need a goalkeeper because AMB is on loan and Macca injured or sold. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I wouldn’t be happy if we signed Cameron Brannagan and played him in goal.
    He could certainly play out from the back.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Ahem ...

... Peter Clarke?

Exactly, the example was MacKeeper was 8th placed league 1 clubs player of the year when we signed him.......

But if we signed Cameron Brannagan who is his replacement everyone would be happy.
    What does Cameron Brannagan have to do with it? 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Ahem ...

... Peter Clarke?

Because he was the POTY in the team that finished about 8th in league 1 this season.  Like MacKeeper was last season.  

The original question was would you have league 1's 8th teams poty or league 2 team of the years player. In theory.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Ahem ...

... Peter Clarke?

Because he was the POTY in the team that finished about 8th in league 1 this season.  Like MacKeeper was last season.  

The original question was would you have league 1's 8th teams poty or league 2 team of the years player. In theory.
    So, the point that you are trying to make is ...

... because we would all (presumably) prefer Brannagan to a League 2 'Team of the season' player, then we should be happy that we got Brannagan's equivalent (a goalkeeper from Portsmouth) last season?

Or ... because we were (apparently) happy with MacGillivray last season, but that he has subsequently not impressed, then we should prefer League 2 'Team of the season' players?

Am I getting close yet?

Here's an idea:

Let's generalise that League 1 players are statistically better than League 2 players.

Let's get some of those.