Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    so just 2 from the champ Blackburn and Burnley through, Bristol c only other champ side to play.

League one - 6  through with potentially 3 more.

league 2 - 4 through with potentially 1 more

prem - 13 in the draw plus potentially 3 more

so 50% to 60% to get a prem side in round 3
    5%  to 10% champ
    20% to 25% to get league one
    10%  to 15% league 2 
    Don't listen to me Callum is the man I can't count maths never was my strong point  :#:D
    Sorry, was in vidiprinter mode so didn't see your post or I wouldn't have done the same work!
    yeah but i got it wrong lol so no need to apologise haha
  • Options
    Probably about 5 really bad draws. Want to avoid the championship clubs, Sheffield, Derby & MK. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Probably about 5 really bad draws. Want to avoid the championship clubs, Sheffield, Derby & MK. 
    I'd agree with those five being bad, as well as the winner of Wycombe/Bristol City. Or Barnsley if they beat Leeds. So six, potentially seven.

Odds are good for decent draw... but you know what's coming next.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    i'd say top 6/palace or west ham for me are what I'd love - or alternatively on the other end to progress i'd take a league 2 for another bite at a big team in the fourth round.

edit (classing Newcastle as top 6 rather than west ham btw to clarify)
  • Options
    If money is as important to the club as it appears to be and it is true that the gate is split 50/50 then Newcastle away would suit us.
  • Options
    Arsenal under the lights at The Valley in any cup game would be special. Has it ever happened before? 
  • Options
    When is the draw?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    When is the draw?
    Today after Newcastle game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dread to think what pricing the club will dream up if we do get a Premier League big team at home. 
  • Options
    Teams in the third round draw:

AFC Bournemouth
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Blackburn Rovers
    Brentford
    Burnley
    Charlton
    Chelsea
    Crawley Town 
    Crystal Palace
    Derby County
    Everton
    Gillingham
    Nottingham Forest
    Leicester
    Lincoln City
    Liverpool
    Manchester City
    Manchester United
    MK Dons
    Morecambe
    Newport County
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Southampton
    Stevenage
    Tottenham
    West Ham
    Wolves
    Forest Green Rovers / Brighton (tomorrow)
    Leeds United / Barnsley (tomorrow)
    Tranmere Rovers / Newcastle (tomorrow)
    Wycombe Wanderers / Bristol City (tomorrow)
    So 28 teams confirmed with 4 more tomorrow night. Of the 28 in the draw:

- 16 Premier League
    - 2 Championship (Blackburn, Burnley)
    - 6 League One (Charlton, Derby, Lincoln, MK, Morecambe, Sheff Wed)
    - 4 League Two (Crawley, Gillingham, Newport, Stevenage)

Up to three more Premier League sides could be added with Brighton, Leeds and Newcastle all to play tomorrow night. Fulham the only Premier League team knocked out at this stage.
    Can't believe that after just 2 rounds, 21 Championship clubs (with Bristol City playing tonight) got knocked out. That has to be a record.

Unfortunately though the 2 that are definitely through are probably the 2 most uninspiring sides in the entire division. Getting either of them away would be very shit.
  • Options
    Dread to think what pricing the club will dream up if we do get a Premier League big team at home. 
    Harry Enfield - Loadsamoney Doin Up the House on Make a GIF
  • Options
    Bad draws would be Gillingham or Crystal Palace home or away.
    Arsenal away or Liverpool at home would be good except for the clash of colours!
    Probably be Morecambe away.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a tie that we have a realistic chance of winning, or a big game away, Spurs would be a nice stadium to visit for example
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'm hoping for a tie that we have a realistic chance of winning, or a big game away, Spurs would be a nice stadium to visit for example
    Would really hope we avoid Man City away. If we went to any of the other big 6 you would expect to get beaten by a couple of goals, but City usually put 6 or 7 past lower division clubs. 
  • Options
    Worst draw would be Sheffield Wednesday away imo. Burnley/Blackburn/Derby would be pretty disappointing too, uninspiring northern, difficult to get to midweek game in which we would probably lose. 

Gillingham away would be decent, we would take good numbers and have a good chance of going through. Obviously hoping for a big 6 side though.  
  • Options
    -Any one of the so called big six at home or away.

-Palace or West Ham away.

-Any league two side at home (The run goes on).

-Gillingham away (there would be an edge to that tie in this round plus it’s winnable).
  • Options
    Whoever we play, I am away on holiday on the 8th so I will miss it.
    I am rather selfishly hoping we don't get a plum tie (until the next round  :) )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Newport away please.
  • Options
    Leeds 9 changes tonight
    Newcastle 10 changes tonight
    Brighton 11 changes tonight

And we get told the big clubs take cups seriously. If any of those three lose tonight it will be hailed as a giant killing, laughable.
  • Options
    Away at a London Prem club (any except the obvious, CP).... would generate some good income for the club...
  • Options
    -Any one of the so called big six at home or away.

-Palace or West Ham away.

-Any league two side at home (The run goes on).

-Gillingham away (there would be an edge to that tie in this round plus it’s winnable).
    We know how this ends don't we?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Almost half an hour gone in tonight’s games. Latest scores.

Forest Green 0-0 Brighton
    Leeds 1-0 Barnsley
    Tranmere 1-0 Newcastle
    Wycombe 0-1 Bristol City
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Leeds 9 changes tonight
    Newcastle 10 changes tonight
    Brighton 11 changes tonight

And we get told the big clubs take cups seriously. If any of those three lose tonight it will be hailed as a giant killing, laughable.
    Looking at the respective line-ups, all three should have more than enough to blow the respective oppositions away.

Newcastle losing to Tranmere after 10 changes sure but the players on the pitch have hundreds of Premier League appearances between them.
  • Options
    Newcastle’s front three alone (Murphy, Wood, Ritchie) have 427 Premier League appearances between them.
  • Options
    Leeds 2-0 Barnsley