Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Make that 2-0 with a fantastic goal from Djenepo
  • The average age of the Southampton side is 23.5 with the OAP in the team being Ward-Prowse at 28. I suspect that this is one of the reasons Nathan Jones was recruited - known for improving young players as opposed to some managers who expect to be given the finished article to deal with. 
  • Pleased to see Southampton winning. I know NJ is already under a lot of pressure there.
  • Well played Southampton. City didn't have a single shot on target even with the big guns on the pitch. Two great cup wins for them and Jones in a matter of days.
  • Well done Southampton fully deserved, got to be the worse performance by City since Pep arrived. They were dreadful.

• Semi final draw:

Man U v Nottm Forest
    Newcastle v Southampton
  • Damn, would have been a great draw had we won last night... Just about winnable I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprise, surprise, Man Utd and Newcastle avoid each other 
  • Tonight, Pep lost a domestic cup quarter final for the first time in his managerial career. Bit of a mental stat.
  • With City out, a great chance for Harry Kane and Spurs to win a trophy...oops.
  • Madness that City didn't have a shot on target. 

Second half they had Haaland, Foden, Alvarez, De Bruyne and Gundogan on the pitch.
  • Anyone had their Man Utd ticket added to their loyalty points total?
  • Anyone had their Man Utd ticket added to their loyalty points total?
    Unless you knew what your loyalty points total was beforehand I'm not sure how you'd know for certain, as there's no breakdown of how your points total is calculated?
  • edited January 2023
    Anyone had their Man Utd ticket added to their loyalty points total?
    Unless you knew what your loyalty points total was beforehand I'm not sure how you'd know for certain, as there's no breakdown of how your points total is calculated?
    Mine hasn’t changed since before the game, as I was on 510 and it’s still the same, even though my Man Utd ticket is showing in my history. Surely everyone knew theirs before the Man Utd game, as to when you could purchase tickets.

Needed to get it sorted before the Forest Green Rovers rush. 😂
  • Points now added.
  • Anyone make sense of why that Newcastle goal was disallowed?

• Anyone make sense of why that Newcastle goal was disallowed?

Nope... Really looked as though it hit his chest
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Christ almighty, that "finish" from Joelinton!!

Showing why he got converted away from being a Striker
  • edited January 2023
    Wow what a crazy couple of minutes.

Edit: Hmm dont know about that "Handball" either, that ball was pinballing around there
  • Well we did just as good as Nottingham Forest against Man Utd...
  • Newcastle vs Man United the likely final.

Likely to be a great game!
  • Glad we are losing to the likely winners

To be honest reckon we might have done forest tonight they were shite 😂
  • Dave2l said:
    Newcastle vs Man United the likely final.

Likely to be a great game!
    I remember feeling disappointed in 1999.
  • edited January 2023
    Newcastle 2-0 up (3-0 on aggregate ) after twenty odd minutes. Both goals by Longstaff. 

They are playing some lovely football as well. 
  • Great goal from Che Adams. 

Pope is finally beaten 
  • edited February 2023
    Man U beat Forest 5-0 on aggregate to reach the final. After Newcastle eased past Southampton 3-1 on aggregate last night.

Man U v Newcastle at Wembley in three and a half weeks.