Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    I must be the only one who hadn’t got a clue what that introduction video was all about 🤷🏼‍♂️
    You’re not.
    I looked on his Twitter page & thought we signed someone from that reality tv show I’ve never watched 😳🫣😂😂
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Looks an exciting and excited player in a position we’ve needed and who fits the new blueprint.
    And he must be a Garner signing which is really heartening.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I must be the only one who hadn’t got a clue what that introduction video was all about 🤷🏼‍♂️
    https://www.myimperfectlife.com/features/love-island-quotes-phrases

13. I’VE GOT A TEXT

The most iconic phrase of all. When the islanders shout “I've got a text” it means the Love Island gods (aka show producers) are intervening and something is about to go down. It's either a recoupling or elimination night announcement, news of a new arrival, a challenge or a date. You never know what you're going to get! 

Mishegas! Am I glad I don't watch Love Island.     

You should.... 😍

• Options
    I see Garner has already got him in the stands looking for the balls from last seasons shooting practice.
  • Options
    And me!

• Options
    Pleased with this, I wonder if we'll still bring in Johnson. 

I'd expect Johnson as well as competition for Egbo and I seem to recall people mention that Johnson could slide inside and play CB if needed too 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    ozaddick said:

13. I’VE GOT A TEXT

The most iconic phrase of all. When the islanders shout “I've got a text” it means the Love Island gods (aka show producers) are intervening and something is about to go down. It's either a recoupling or elimination night announcement, news of a new arrival, a challenge or a date. You never know what you're going to get! 

You should.... 😍

Hard not to like that. Never seen it myself though!
  • Options
    We've got Super Benny Garner, he knows exactly what we need. Egbo at the back, Stockley in attack, Charlton boys are gonna win the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    ozaddick said:

13. I’VE GOT A TEXT

You should.... 😍

Hard not to like that. Never seen it myself though!
    Just as well she has fake tan on, those motley/veiny legs are shockers.
  • Options
    Hearing him speak he seems easy to like on the bits we see. I hope to like him as a player.

One nice feature of the last 24 hours is hearing Mandela say 'hit the ground running', Eoghan saying two or three time he wants to 'get to work', and Mr Garner using the phrase 'attack the season'.
  • Options
    Do people realise that's Gemma Owen, Michael's daughter??
  • Options
    I have only seen this guy play in the playoffs. But if he can produce what he did there next season the thought of our right side being him & CBT we will scare the shit out of most teams next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gone from Eoghan and Chip to Egbo no bacon
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Do people realise that's Gemma Owen, Michael's daughter??
    Yes. But haven't watched the programme.  Has she got a scouse accent? And shouldn't we now change that surname to Eoghan?
  • Options
    Lets' all be honest, nobody really has any idea whether these players will be any good or not (unless you spend your spare time watching mid table of League 2).

So anyone saying 'Great Signing' or 'He's Rubbish' is frankly guessing at this stage.

I haven't a clue how this is gonna work out - all we can do is wish the new players luck and see how they look.

Remember, we are aiming for promotion and so need players ready for the top of league 1. Not just bog standard league 1.
    I hope someone  does because we are rapidly acquiring a defence built to last 2 or 3 yrs. With O'Connell, Lavelle and Egbo we have signed 3 L2 players in less than a year. 
    I doubt we will see Matthews or Famewo back again. 
    Just me who quite liked Famewo?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    cafc999 said:
    Wonder if Garner is going to go after McKirdy too?

Really hope so. Type of shithouse player we need. 
    Only if he agrees to cut his hair and stop that pathetic celebration. 
  • Options
    Oh oh welcome Mandela… 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Anyone seen him play?

Garner, that's about all that matters really, and he clearly rates him, so that's about all we can go on so far, always on the cards that he was gonna add a favourite or two, so far so good, both signings look like they could prove useful, and in positions we need to tighten up on..
  • Options
    Famewo developed parts of his game but his positional sense got worse.