Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Based on that assessment Stockley must be coming in his pants right now
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Quality balls in the box to Stockley will certainly improve us. This aspect has felt a bit hit and miss in recent seasons. Usually more miss than hit. I recall in some games thinking the law of averages must apply but to no avail.
  • Options
    Catching up with the day, another potentially good signing, will put that as 2 Garner signings and hopefully more of the same to come.

• Options
    No you tube videos of him then?
  • Options
    No you tube videos of him then?
    https://youtu.be/WJ4wnAeP-S8
  • Options
    Lets' all be honest, nobody really has any idea whether these players will be any good or not (unless you spend your spare time watching mid table of League 2).

So anyone saying 'Great Signing' or 'He's Rubbish' is frankly guessing at this stage.

I haven't a clue how this is gonna work out - all we can do is wish the new players luck and see how they look.

Remember, we are aiming for promotion and so need players ready for the top of league 1. Not just bog standard league 1.
    I hope someone  does because we are rapidly acquiring a defence built to last 2 or 3 yrs. With O'Connell, Lavelle and Egbo we have signed 3 L2 players in less than a year. 
    I doubt we will see Matthews or Famewo back again. 
    Just me who quite liked Famewo?
    No. Famewo was great in his first season but not so last year. I just don't  see him coming back. We had a chance to buy but haven't taken  that up. 
    Played almost exclusively in a 4 in his first season.  Last year , he looked a bit lost on the left of a 3, as did Leuth’s mate though .  
  • Options
    Can someone make a song for him to the tune of Free Nelson Mandela?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Lets' all be honest, nobody really has any idea whether these players will be any good or not (unless you spend your spare time watching mid table of League 2).

So anyone saying 'Great Signing' or 'He's Rubbish' is frankly guessing at this stage.

I haven't a clue how this is gonna work out - all we can do is wish the new players luck and see how they look.

Remember, we are aiming for promotion and so need players ready for the top of league 1. Not just bog standard league 1.
    I hope someone  does because we are rapidly acquiring a defence built to last 2 or 3 yrs. With O'Connell, Lavelle and Egbo we have signed 3 L2 players in less than a year. 
    I doubt we will see Matthews or Famewo back again. 
    Just me who quite liked Famewo?
    No. Famewo was great in his first season but not so last year. I just don't  see him coming back. We had a chance to buy but haven't taken  that up. 
    Played almost exclusively in a 4 in his first season.  Last year , he looked a bit lost on the left of a 3, as did Leuth’s mate though .  
    Do you mean Sarr? He was the opposite, way more comfortable in a back 3 where he had 2 other centre backs to cover if he went marauding up the pitch/getting caught out of position, in a back 4 he was awful half the time (and I'm a huge fan of Sarr)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might just be me but the Nelson Mandela stuff already getting boring! It's his firstname, not surname and he's not even from the same country. Surely we can do better than that!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Can someone make a song for him to the tune of Free Nelson Mandela?
    Or to Umbrella by Rihanna.

• Options
    Interesting article on his move to Germany:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/29/mandela-egbo-borussia-monchengladbach-crystal-palace

Good to hear Palace were miffed at the low level of compensation.
    That's a great piece. He comes across as I very mature young man, who incredibly driven. We may just have a real gem on our hands. 
  • Options
    We are signing players with a big ego....

Mandela EGbO
    EGOhan O'Connell
    Let's hope they don't end up with eg on their faces!
  • Options
    Also, he took penalties at New York Red Bulls according to Wikipedia, which is unusual for a right back.
  • Options
    Two good signings in two days! A very pleasant surprise and possibly a sign that lessons have been learned after last summer. It’s difficult not to feel more optimistic!
  • Options
    Garner reminds me of a teacher that i had that taught Geography and IT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, he took penalties at New York Red Bulls according to Wikipedia, which is unusual for a right back.
    Bob Curtis and Gary Neville spring to mind.
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Gary Neville?
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Gary Neville?!  Don't remember that.

Denis Irwin (and Steve Bruce) as defenders at United yes, but Neville?

Nelson Vivas was a right back taking a penalty that I remember fondly.
  • Options
    Anyone seen him play?
    Behave! Since when did that matter?!
  • Options
    Could be wrong, not checked, but remember having Gary Neville in my dream team because he scored from pens.
  • Options
    Just checked, Doh!
  • Options
    Normally a good sign when a manager brings along a former player