Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit........

Called the store to see if they had any kits in for my son who will be two on Monday as he is now Charlton mad. The club shop informs me that they are not making shirts for kids under the age of 5 as the strips are too thick. Where is the commercial sense in this. How many parents who support the club who have children under the age of 5 would have bought their children the kit. Are they also suggesting that every club that plays with strips does not manafacture kits for children under the age of 5.

They also pointed out that the kit would look like Coventry's.

Should the club not have looked at these specifications before agreeing to the kit, or do the club feel that there is not enough profit in toddlers kit. I thought Charlton branded themselves as a family club, clearly families with kids who have children from the ages of six and above.

Comments

• Stripes too thick !! Classic that is
  • probably cos its the away kit, and there are less volumes, can't you buy him the home kit?
  • oh my god I have heard it all now
  • My son already has the home kit and black kit, living in a Chelsea dominated area as well as the wifes family ready to pounce on making my son a glory boy.
  • save the money you spend on more kits and move to a more charlton area?
  • Like Woolwich,Plumsted or Thamesmead
  • he he, yeah.. or Eltham, Welling, etc..
  • i live in chelsea dominated area as well - full of them -

My son is at a sports summer camp this week and he said he got stick about being charlton fan so he said to these lads - how many times you been to stamford bridge then you mugs - their answer BIG FAT ZERO.

So he just laughed at them - good lad -
  • Moved out of Bexleyheath.........love it when walking around and the boy is wearing his top and all the Chelsea are having a double take, even people take the time to complent him, and that he is a true fan
  • You've taught him well Arf !
  • Sponsored links:

• buy him a big stick.....
  • Good lad, be proud of your team, i supported when they were s££t same as dad and grandad, so i need to carry on the family charlton tree,
  • stripes too thick, brilliant

couldn't make it up !!!
  • Or that it would like Coventrys kit.............like they are our local rivals.........can you imagian Newcasltle not making any kits this eason for under 6's
  • get creative, adapt one of the larger kits to his size, come on - one of a kind hand made, he'll love it.
  • yea........and get a blue peter badge............
  • take it to one of those little backstreet repair/tailors, or a kindly grandma type..
  • does that go for the shorts as well, so what you are suggesting is that a kit that should cost £25, once it has been bought ( at the higher rate) and been alterted by one of Saville Rows finest is going to costme around £100,
  • Hmmm ... how many kits will the club sell to the under 5's? In all honesty maybe 20, 50 max.

So when you are talking to the manufacturer and you sy we want 50 kits for under 5's ... so we will have to shrink the stripes, so we need new batch of material, the manufacturer says no problem that will be an extra £5000 minimum order for the fabric. The club say sod that, we'll not do them for under fives.

Right or wrong ... ?
  • I think the club would sell more than your guesstimate of 50, but is that relevant, with all due respect looking at some of the stuff sitting on the club shops shelf, i would have certainly invested within kids kits rather than some of the stock that they would never shoft in a million years, lets face it this is a massive own goal by the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Wrong. 50 under 5s kits? Come on, out of 20,000 odd season ticket holders?
  • would you deny him, poor little mite..
  • Even the store manager was embarresed with the situation, suggesting your figure of 50 kits is way of the mark
  • So how many under five kits do you think will sell.

How many adult kits do they sell ..definately not 20k. Maybe 3000.

There's no money in it, and it is relevant.

Own goal by the club merchandising dept ... shirley not
  • I thik you'' find 50 kits for under 5's would be about right
  • don't forget its away kit number we are talking about here too.
  • I think you should look at both of your figures, i would have though the club sold over 3,000 shorts last year.....
  • Shorts are not tops .... shorts are cheaper and I would expect to sell more.

From my experience Charlton as a football club would sell no more than 3,000 black away football tops from their superstores in Charlton and Bexleyheath (sic) last season. This season I would expect to sell less, a it's blue.

I would prudently expect to sell in the region of 50 kits for under 5's and to reiterate my comments before that would mean different fabric, a complete new order and would cost the purchaser a lot more.

Now if they did produce it and then need to sell it at £50-70 a top, would you but it?
  • bring back the women's team
  • does anyone remember that sitcom the rag trade?

I'm off now, tara...